Nine

Again, I was in that white desert with the sky turning slightly reddish pink due to the sunset. The cold breeze blew past me, picking up grains of sand along with it. This dream is so familiar that I can consider it lucid dreaming right now. I know that a leopard is going to chase after me, so I immediately turned around to face the leopard. This time instead of running away, I sat down on my knees and reached out to pat it's soft looking fur, but it took a step back as if it was afraid of me.

I forced a smile like the unknown boy in my dream earlier, hoping it would reassure the leopard. It just kept on taking steps back until I realized that it was already running away from me.

"Am I that scary?" I asked in disbelief.

"It wasn't you, love." I turned to look at Jun as he stood there, his hair pushed back and clothes mostly black in colour. He always has this sinister smile on his face as if he's proud of something he did. Something he wasn't supposed to do. I gulped as he knelt down in front of me, a blood covered switchblade in his hand. "That thing won't trouble you anymore." He added.

I dragged myself slightly away from him, backing away in fear of what he might do. He had a tiny knife in his hand for god's sake. "Are you afraid of me?" He asked, his lips literally a breath away from mine. "You love me, don't you?" He whispered, then inched forward to close the distance between our lips, but I immediately turned away.

"No." I said it. I didn't think of the consequences before choking out my response. In that vast desert, there was no sign of a human that could come to my rescue, in case Jun snapped and lost it because I chose to defy him.

"Do you know what it is like to have a blade pierced through your skin?" He asked without allowing the smile waver off his lips. "I'll let you know."

_______________________

I opened my eyes to the plain white ceiling of my room with the annoying ringing of my doorbell serving as background music. I resorted to covering my ears with the pillow and enveloping myself in my warm and plush blanket, but after a while, I heard my phone ringing. It was an unknown number, but I still received the call.

"Why aren't you up yet?" I heard Xiumin's soft voice on the other line. It's strange how he can sound so stern and authoritative with that mellow and kind voice of his.

"The number you're trying to reach is currently-" I started, followed by a yawn.

"If you don't come out in five minutes, I won't help you deal with your abilities." He warned.

"Whom are you trying to threaten-" I said in my morning voice and the line went dead. This fucker. It's a shameful moment in my life, since I let a guy hang up on me. Then, with what was left of my nonexistent pride, I opened the door for him. "Why are you here again?" I asked, my eyes squinting due to the bright lights of the corridor.

"We're ten minutes late." He pointed out. "I'm going to extend the time just as much."

"Do whatever you want." I said and left the door open for him to enter. My apartment is really messy in the morning because I generally just throw stuff on the floor before going to sleep, so I was really hoping he didn't slip and fall down while I was brushing my teeth. I came back with my hair tied into a ponytail. "You ruined my beauty sleep." I accused.

"25 minutes." He said while I could only respond with a raised eyebrow. "I'm extending your morning training by 25 minutes." He gave me a sarcastic smile.

We arrived at the public park and after a couple of warm up exercises, he asked me to start with a slow jog which was fine until he started running like a starving hyena looking for food. "Wait- for me." I said between heavy breaths. It's obvious that he can run faster because he's taller and maybe jobless enough to do this everyday.