Chapter 7

Please vote and comment if you like this chapter. 💕

Enjoy ❤️

"She's banged up,
mentally and emotionally.
Literally and metaphorically.
But everyday she walks outside
with a smile on her face
because that's who she is."

It's been already two hours since Belle is still sitting deep in thoughts. Her mind keep drifting to the past again and again. Bad memories have triggered in her mind because of what Aiden have said. No matter how much she keeps trying to push that voice away, it always come back to haunt her. To remind her what she really is.
Weak. Worthless. Incapable.

Her mind and body already feeling exhausted, she wants to sleep but can't, knowing that dark dreams will plague her again. And she's sure that she will be definitely having nightmares tonight.

"It's all in the mind, Belle." Her therapist had said to her once. "Think about your happy places before sleeping. Think about things that makes you happy." She have tried it but sometimes it doesn't work.

Mia's the one who had taken Belle at the Depression Counseling two years ago as she was diagnosed Clinically Depressed. Since then Mia still makes sure that she attends her therapy from time to time. But recently, Belle stops going because she thinks she's fine but Mia does not have to know that she stopped going for her therapy . She's getting better and no longer feels depressed.

She hates feeling weak but with her current situation, she feels utterly helpless. Ever since, she found out that she can't speak, her entire life have turn upside down. Knowing that she may remain mute all her life had rendered her feeling so weak and she hates every second of it.

Belle knows, she maybe feeling weak and pathetic at the moment but she also knows that she have to get up and fights for herself. No matter how much she's hurting on the inside, she can't show it. She must toughen up for herself. She will not allow Aiden's words hurt her anymore and if next time he insults or misbehaves with her, she will defends herself by either slapping him or throwing something at him because she can't raise her voice at him. If he thinks he can take advantage of her being mute, then it's time to show him how wrong he is.

Somehow when her tired eyes flutters close, she sees Aiden's face and gradually falls asleep.

He pushes her harshly on the floor, snarling.
"I told you, you were not supposed to be late today." Belle crawls behind, cowering in fear.

"I'm so sorry fa-father", she stutters.
"I had to meet the chemistry teacher after class."

"You should listen to me, you worthless bitch", the man snaps as he starts removing his belt.

"I'm so-sorry father. Please don't beat me", Belle whimpers trying to escape from there but her father grabs her hair and hurls her on the floor again.

"Don't think you can run away. You made a mistake of disobeying me so it's time for punishment."

He slings the belt at her brutally, enjoying seeing her writhing in pain.

"Please stop father", Belle begs continously. "It's hur-hurts".

"It's suppose to hurt a lot and you deserve it because you know why?" he asks after a while cause Belle to look at him.

"You're just a piece of worthless crap staying in my house and your bitch of a mother ran away leaving you with me", he shouts and continues to beat his own daughter mercilessly, making hideous red marks on her skin.