Chapter 9

Sorry for the late update 😭

Please vote and comment if you like this chapter ❤️🌚

Enjoy babies 🤓

"Caught between a strong mind, and a fragile heart."

Belle stares at them. She's not quite shocked by their announcement because since breaking up with Aiden , she always knew this will probably happen one day. It's like she have already prepared her heart for the worst. But she never thought it will be Cora. Well,it is what it is, she thinks to herself as Cora glares at her maliciously. Ever since meeting her at Aiden's mother's place, Belle keeps pondering why Cora hates her so much. They have not even met before but seeing Cora looking at her with such a distasteful gaze, Belle knows, she's going to have the answer soon.

"Does your mother knows she's working here?", Cora asks Aiden in her high pitched voice.

"Not yet", Aiden answers back and shrugs her hands off him in a non gentle way.

"And I don't necessarily find it important to tell her."

"But she should know", she persists already removing her mobile.

"Cora, you can leave if you want to create a scene here because right now I don't have time for your dramatic behaviour", he snaps.

"Esme can you come later, please?"

"Sure", she says and taking Belle's wrist, she quickly leaves the room.

"Aiden, I'm not being dramatic here. But she's back and even working here with you and I think Liza should know about it", Cora adds, approaching Aiden.

"Yes, she does works here and that's just it. She's just an employee."

"How could you even take her an as employee!", she exclaims, fear mix with disbelief, evident in her voice.

"Did you forget what she did to you? How she used you for money and cheated on you with your own best friend?"

Aiden's eyes turns into slits at the recollection. "Get out from here Cora." She takes a step back, knowing she went too far.

"It's the truth Aiden and you can't deny it."

"I said, LEAVE!", he growls making Cora tumbles toward the door in fear.

Aiden fists his palm tightly and looks outside hoping the scenery can calm his nerves. He's feeling so angry at the moment. What troubles him the most is Belle's reaction when he told her that he was engaged. She looked calm as if it didn't made any difference to her. There was not even a reaction on her face. And why it will even make any difference for her?,he thinks bitterly. She never loved him. She only loved his status and money. Taking a seat in his leather chair, he thinks he's been fooled once but not again. This time if anyone try to fool him, he will destroy them with his bare hands himself.

"You're the same Belle right?", Esme asks Belle as soon as they enter their cabin. She looks down feeling helpless and sad by the fact that Esme will also regard her as a gold digger from now on. Her tone is not accusatory but Belle knows that she will probably believe Cora words. Belle nods her head slowly making Esme squeals in happiness.

"I had a feeling it was you from the beginning", she says hugging her tightly. "And that will also explain Aiden's behaviour whenever you're around him."

Belle looks at Esme with her eyes as big as can be. She's still talking with her with kindness.

"You don't hate me?", she signs.