Chapter 7: Flashbacks

Me: "Alright guys, it's a long story so brace yourself."

They all nodded and I started to speak again

Me: "It all started when I was in the park in New York writing or trying to write a song..."

-Flashback-

I was sitting in a bench crossing out in frustration to some lyrics I wrote that I thought it wasn't good. I was just 14 with a very innocent mind but with writers block at the moment. 

Me: "UGHHHH!!" I screamed in anger

"I can't even write one new song," I said talking to myself like a lunatic. 

I didn't care that there was people walking by, I need to write a song soon or else I'm not qualify for my new mission!

I had a bunch of papers next to me because I ripped so many pages out of my book to start all over again. 

As I was jotting random stuff again to have an idea I noticed someone sat across me, I didn't really pay attention since I had important stuff to do.

???: "Sigh."

When heard that I looked straight and saw a guy with a sketch book, seems like he is frustrated as well. He looked up and noticed I was staring at him, I jolted up out of embarrassment but I gave a him a smile and a nod. 

This made him blush but he return the same gesture. I looked back at my book and continued what I was doing.

Time went by and my pile of ripped papers started to get bigger each moment. But later on, I finally got the inspiration and started to write down like a manic. I was finally done!

Once I was satisfied with what I had, I put my book away and started to pick up the papers that were in the pile. I threw them in the trash and went back to get my stuff.

When I went to get my stuff, I saw a piece of paper sticking out my book. Of course I took it out to see what it was.

It was a beautiful self portrait of me...

I was in full shock how amazing it looks! I looked around to see who it was when I realized the stranger that was across from me was gone!

I assumed it was him since he was the one with the sketch book. I was about to put the paper away when I saw some writing on the back. It said, "Meet me by the exit of the park when you finish packing, I want to talk to you."

This total stranger wants to talk to me?! Why?!

So I rushed to the exit to find the stranger there waiting like he said.

Me: "I believe this is yours." I said with the paper in my hand

???: "Do you like it?"

I blushed and said, "Yeah um its pretty actually..."

???: "Glad you like it, I actually made another one."

Me: "What?! Really?! Why?!"

???: "I entered in a contest for art and I need to draw something but I didn't know what. So I came to the park to find inspiration when I saw you..."

I blushed again but it seems like I know him from somewhere.

Me: "I'm too ugly to be someone's inspiration..." I looked down

To be honest I wasn't really confident with how I looked, his drawing made me look better than I know

???: "What?! Are you serious?!"

I nodded still looking down

???: "You are not ugly Angela, you are beautiful! The drawing of you is how I see you! I didn't do anything to change how you look!"