Chapter 9

"Made any friends at school today?" i asked Scarlett as we watched TV. She nodded adn smiled, "Yeah some kids spoke to me" her voice sounding so professional. I smiled and looked at the time 18:31. Looking around the cosy living room i sighed and got up from the comfty cotton couch, "Have you all eaten?" i asked as i walked into the kitchen.

A minute went pass before they both shouted "Yeah" i nodded and opened the fridge, "There's some dinner in the microwave for you" Layla explained as she stepped queitly into the room. I nodded and opened the black microwave door, the smell of fish woffted up into my nostrils, yes fish and chips yum yum.

I pressed the timer and started the microwave then turned around to speak to Layla. Her blonde hair was in a small ponytail and her skirt was crinkled from her day at school. "How was school?" i asked and sat next to her on a stool. "Good i made some friends and the classes are alright, how was your day?" i smiled and rested my arms on the white island, it was cool and uncomftable.

"Yeah good i got a job in an office and i'll be faxing and filing folders and boring stuff, but it pays, i'm glad to hear you have some friends and you like your classes, i'm glad you have settled down here". i smile and look deep into her blue eyes. "One thing i don't get is this is a holiday, why do we have to go to school?" her inncoents takes over and i sigh.

"Well because you shouldn't be missing out on anything back home then and if we like which we do then we can stay here forever and make a new life here, would you like that?" i could just picture it in my head and chuckle at memories of our old life, this one is so much better. "Yeah it's great here, dad will love it, he can have my room and Rchel can come, she can get a job like you".

I laughed at the thought and shrugged it off, "Well maybe they might not like it here, maybe they will stay back at home and maybe they will only speak to us over the phone and on visits" i lie and frown at the idea of them coming here and messing things up. "Can i go play upstairs in my room please?" her small voice high and squeaky. I nod and go towards the microwave for my dinner.

I sit on the wooden chairs and place my food on the wooden table outside and gaze out as i start to eat. The warm breeze blows through my hair and it sends small chills down my spine in a good way. I imagine what dad and Rachel would do if they came over here, they would tear this family apart, no they will never know where we are.

I finish eating and go inside, i hear Scarlett playing with Carter in the living room and decide to wash up my plate. When i make my way into the living room, i see that Layla is reading and Scarlett is lying on her back with Carter on her front, the picture is perfect no one to spoil it now. "Right go up and have a shower before bed" i order and start to bend to pick Carter up. He sleeps soundly as i put him in the moses basket.

I hear moaning coming from the girls as they slowly walk up the stairs, i chuckle and shake my head, kids will be kids. I check the time 19:48. I wonder what time Jmaes will be home. I slump down on the sofa and flick through the channels, looking back onto today. Work went really well and James now has a job this is great we never have to goback to the UK.

Time passes by quickly, i have a shower just after the girls have gone to bed and sort out some stuff for tomorrow. I make some lunches for me and the girls and finally just as i make my way to bed i hear the front door unlock and footsteps come slowly through the house. I waited a minute just in case it wasn't him but then he opened the door and huffed down on the bed.

"Did you lock the door?" i asked him as i climbed inot the ther side of the double bed. He moaned and turned to face me, "Yes of course i did" his voice smelt like alchol and his shirt was crinkled like someone had been grabbing it. "What happened to your shirt?" my voice a little curious and a little worried about the answer, he glanced down and sighed.

"I liked this shirt as well, some women were dancing with me and well one came on to me, she was drunk as a skunk and i pushed her away anyway" his voice honest and deep. I nodded slowly, "So what kind of club is it?" more questions poured out my mouth, he mumbld something and walked to the bathroom to have a wash.

I decided to leave it until he came back. When he did he was wet from a shower and he smelt of toothpaste. "It's just anormal club babes and it pays the bills don't it?" i smile and nod at his answer and we snuggle down together tomorrow should be a good day. "Oh wait" i say before sitting up in bed. He also shots up and looks concerned at me.

"Babes what are we gonna do for child care, whose going to look after Carter when we both have to work?" my voice faulting, gosh we didn't think of this. "Relax i have it all covered" he smiles while putting a comfting hand on my bare shoulder before laying back down. Thank gosh he has that sorted.

Hi everyone hope you enjoy this chapter please vote and comment on what you think thank you all again for reading will update as soon as possible might even write the next chapter now i'm in a really good mood today enjoy xxx

Abbie xxx