Part 2

Part 2 - https://dandelion-girl.tumblr.com/post/170443389443/i-hate-you-i-love-you-simbar

Simón POV

So here I was heading to Luna's for dinner. This still sounded so strange, "Luna's". Every time I had visited her in the past, I did think it was her house, even though it wasn't, the space she and her family were allowed to use was always her place in my head. Now that the whole mansion (or mansions) is hers it does fell strange and off. Because, yes Luna does deserve all of that, it just doesn't match her personality. But, being all fuzzy and bubbly, Luna can fill any room, doesn't matter how big it it, which makes the big and somehow cold and impersonal mansion, much more warm, cozy even, just like a home, only 20 times bigger. The mansion was so huge that even after some adventure "trips" with Luna to find more about it, there were still some things we hadn't spotted. Well, it's a good thing we have all summer, and hopefully many more.

Anyways, here I was, super ready to come back so full I could only lie down and sleep all day. That's how good Monica's food is. Though there is someone who doesn't seem to appreciate it...

It's a good thing I now have a car! It was good to move around the city on skates, don't take me wrong, but having a car gave me a whole new level of independency, and I was able to help my family more often. I admit, I was sceptical at first but Luna put her foot down and said I had to man up because I was 19 already and was getting to big to be driven around. So after a few gigs here and there, which gave some extra, I decided to buy this super cool car in blue. Because I love blue, it's the colour of the sky, the sea, my guitar, and a pair of eyes I prefer not to mention.

I am rambling too much already. I park the car next to Miguel's and check myself on the mirror before leaving. My hair is a mess but it's not like I have ever been able to do anything with it.

I head to the front door and ring the bell. In no time, Luna shows up jumping up and down in her colourful outfit. She throws herself in my arms giving me a thigh hug.

"Luna I can't breath..."

"Sorry! I am just glad to see you! I have seen my best friend in a whole week!"

"Your so silly..." She giggles and pulls me inside.

I greet Mr. Alfredo who is reading what looks like an old book on the living room. The kitchen door is open and I can already smell paradise.

"Is this what I think?" I ask sniffing the air. Luna nods with a smile from ear to ear.

"My mom heard we had a special guest today so she made best food from the wholeee world. I am not sure if you know a Simón Álvarez but it's his favourite food. He is my best friend or was... He abandoned me for a whole week!"

"Oh, Luna... I didn't abandon you. I had to sort things with the guys you know. They were only here for the week and we needed to make some decisions about the band and because of Nico's uncle. Well, little but annoying problems..."

"I know, I know! I was just messing with you. Come on! My mom is almost finished!"

I follow Luna to kitchen and never felt so hungry in my life. I hadn't stopped all day and barely had time to take a bite on the sandwich my grandma prepared for me this morning.

"Hummmm, Mrs. Monica, it smells so good..." I complimented, almost attacking the pot.

"Thank you, Simón. And how many times have I told you to call me Monica!"

I smile embarrassed and nod. I then follow Luna to the table and we sit, catching each other up on what we have been up to lately. It really hadn't been that long but knowing Luna she probably had 1000 dreams and theories to tell me about. Now that she knew who her birth parents were, some memories that she couldn't make sense of were beginning to take place and she could even come up with pieces of how her childhood was. She actually remembered Alfredo and even Sharon playing with her!