Chapter 6

I was sitting in my living room on my couch at 6am in the morning, watching early morning tv in my bunny-styled pyjamas and as usual, penguin slippers. I was a bit tired. The only reason I was up so early was because I had to study, but every time I attempted to I just couldn't set my mind on it. So I gave up on that idea and decided to watch some tv instead.

I didn't really know what to expect when Luke arrived to collect me for the party tonight; I had nothing to wear so today, i'd have to try and get back in with Natalia so she could bring me shopping. After all, she had a lot better taste in clothes than i'll ever have. And to be honest, I was kind of dreading asking her because she wasn't in school the last two weeks, and I regretfully didn't even try to make contact with her.

Snapping myself from my thoughts, I pulled myself up from the sofa and shuffled over to the kitchen, grabbing the carton of half-filled orange juice in  the fridge. It was early enough, and if I wanted any type of pass in my exams today I would need to head to school early to study. Or try do.

I quickly pulled on my uniform: a dull, grey pinafore that fell just above my knees along with high-length socks, and pulled my hair into a sloppy side fishtail. I glanced in the mirror; Jesus, I really was a mess when I woke up in the mornings. I quickly spread some foundation and brushed mascara onto my eyelashes, lining the bottom of my eyes with some black liner to top it off. I grabbed my bag and three or four textbooks from the desk, and as usual, locked my room after I left it.

"Ashley! I'm leaving!" I called, running down the stairs. She was probably flat-out asleep anyways, like she usually is when she goes out with her friends on a college weekend.

I walked to school, after all it was only a couple of blocks away, and the sun was beating down on top of me, with a silk, light breeze brushing against my cheekbones, making the weather and life seem perfect.

-

"So where have you been all this time?" asked Nat, walked alongside me slowly as we made our way to Chemistry, which we both happened to be in.

"Erm, busy," I slowly replied. I really don't know what I have been doing these past few weeks to be honest, hanging with Luke I guess. As usual.

"First, tell me," Nat grabbed my arm, forcing me to face her. I rolled my eyes.

"Who are you going to this 'party' with?" She asked, a small grin spread across her face.

Crap. I glanced at her tight grip on my arm, slowly making my way back to her face. "L-Luke said he would bring me.."

Sighing, she said, "how did I know." She loosened her grip on me and pulled out her rouge purse with small diamonds imprinted at each of of the crosspoints in the design. She held it in front of my face. "Lets go now."

-

"This is way too tight."

Here we were, standing in my small estate bedroom with Nat lying across the bed, eating a bag of potato chips and holding her phone in her hand, concentrating hard on it. I was positioned in front of the body-length mirror, dressed in a deep pink shaded skater dress that was way too exposed at the chest and way too short above my knee. On my feet, I wore a pair of 4-inch high heels, black ones, with a thick platform on them. I had to admit, it made me look 10 times better than the normal clothes i'd wear. But right now, even just standing in front of Nat, I felt so self-concious. Mainly because I have never been this exposed to anybody really, exept myself of course, and secondly, the fact that Natalia was basically a beauty queen with an amazing hour-glass figure and perfect face features and hair, and it made me feel like shit standing beside her. Or even being in the same room as her. I turned to face her, hand hanging loosely on my hip.