Chapter 15

I slowly opened my sleepy eyes as I felt the sunlight beaming onto my skin, subconsciously stretching my legs as I inhaled deeply. My fingers trailed over my face quickly, to see if my memories from last night were actually real. I noticed my bottom lip burst open but luckily, it scabbed over so I didn't lose too much blood there. My arm hurt like hell on the other hand, as well as my stomach being sore and stiff from the blow. I guessed it was about, 6 in the morning, from the way the faint, almost inexistant sun was low in the sky outside the shed. This wasn't Luke's shed. It seemed like it was some farming hut for tools and stuff. It was small but luckily it was clean. Last thing I needed was to get some sort of infection from the cold and possibly dirt I had lay in last night.

My dress was torn and covered in blood, but I guess I'd just have to buy Ashley a new one. There was no way she'd believe what happened unless she seen it herself. Although I know she will question the bloodstains, I'll just find some excuse to cover it up and pass it off as no big deal. 

It was hard, to say the least, to keep my eyes open, but I fought to stay awake just in case I fell too deep and wouldn't be able to wake afterwards. My body was stiff from still being in the same sleeping position as the night before, but I shook it off because to be honest, there were more serious things to worry about than that.

I quickly glanced around the room, seeing the hammer still lying on the floor. In the corner, I noticed, there was a toolbox. Thankfully, when I dragged my limp body over to it, it was unlocked. It contained a box of nails, some screwdrivers, another hammer and a saw. Maybe I could saw through the door, if I gave it enough energy.

I picked it up and slowly sat down in front of the entrance, placing the saw around midway of the door. It took a lot of energy and time to get the first cut, but when I eventually did, my face was splashed with wood chips, only stinging for a second.

A half-hour later, I was around a quarter of the way through, but my energy was close to nothing. I dropped the saw, sighed, and eventually burst into tears. They're never going to find me, I cried, banging the door over and over out of frustration, screaming at the top of my lungs for someone to find me.

"Luke!" I screamed, cool teardrops hitting my skin. "Ashley, help me!"

I frantically felt around the floor for my phone, since my eyes were too clouded up with tears to see through. Nothing.

"Anybody?" I shouted again, slapping my palms against the half-cut through door. By now I was desperate, my screams being interrupted by loud sobs and whimpers. "Somebody, help me! Please! "

I cried for a bit, then finally, lay back on the floor, my sobs now quietened by a good 90%. I ran my hand over my face, and wondered if anybody was searching for me now. Surely, Luke would know that I was afraid to go out on my own, despite the way I disguised my fear. He knew that I saw something strange in that field last night. Surely he's searching for me. I said that I'd text and I never did.

My mind drifted back to the events of early last night, when I heard those mysterious sounds from the far field. I wanted to find out what exactly that happened, but part of me was afraid to find out who it was. Something strange definately went on, we all knew that. The question was what exactly happened?

I stood up and pulled at the doorhandle again, now feeling as if I was suddenly refueled with energy. I knocked the hammer against it a couple times before the handle fell to the ground, leaving me to push through the door with any piece of energy I had left to escape.

Once I came in contact with the fresh wind rustling the leaves around me, I fell to the ground and started to cry out of happiness. Looking around, I saw that this little wooden shack I was contained in overnight was in the midst of a sea of trees, evergreen to be exact, so tall I felt as if they were closing in on me the longer I stared at them. There was a thin stream of water gushing at the base of the trees, curving in and out and around the tree trunks, bashing up against the wood and overlapping onto the rushes that lined it. It was quite cold, but then again, I was sitting on damp grass in a ripped dress, with the breeze and the forest surrounding me, coating my skin. I glanced around, seeing that the area was completely rural, with not a person in sight. Where even was I?