||Chapter One||

Ink, Blue, Error and (Y/N) stood in the forest, looking upon Nightmare's castle. They had gone into Dreamtale, the AU in which the Villain Mob stayed while planning against the Star Sanses. Ink was drawing out his plans in the sand.

     "...and then Error and I will corner Nightmare, threaten him and force him to tell us how to break Dream's curse. Then we'll walk out of the castle in slow motion, explosions being set off in the background," said Ink, holding his arms out, expecting applause. Error started clapping, but (Y/N) and Blue weren't satisfied.

     "HOW COME (Y/N) HAS TO STAY BEHIND?" asked Blue. "SHE COULD BE USEFUL."

     "Exactly," replied Error. "She'll make an excellent lookout."

     (Y/N) frowned. "He has a point. Would it kill you two to let me fight for once? What if something happens and you need back up."

     "If something happens, at least you won't be involved," Ink said.

     "Maybe I want to be involved! I am a part of this team, Ink!"

     "(Y/N), please! I don't want anything bad to happen to you!"

     "Blue is just as weak as me, but he gets to go along!"

     "Nightmare hasn't been looking everywhere for Blue for the past year!"

     Everything went silent. Blue's star-shaped pinpricks disappeared. Error froze up, a reboot bar floating over his head. (Y/N) was quiet with shock.

     "What do you mean 'Nightmare hasn't been looking everywhere for Blue for the past year'?" (Y/N) asked quietly. Ink shook his head, putting a hand on her shoulder.

     "Listen - I didn't want you to find out. I didn't want to scare you...but Nightmare has been trying to take you for as long as we have all known you. I don't know why he wants you in particular, but the last thing we need is for something bad to happen to another one of us. Do you understand what I'm saying? I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if anything happened."

     "...but still. What about Blue? Or Error?"

     "Error can take care of himself. At this point, something is always going to happen to Blue, it's practically in his blood. Just stay right here until we come back to get you, okay?"

     (Y/N) was hesitant, but she slowly nodded, looking at the ground. Ink took his hand off of her shoulder, signaling Blue and Error to follow him. 

     "We won't be long."

     (Y/N) plopped down onto a hollow log, crossing her arms over chest. She kicked a rock at the tree in front of her. 

     This is so boring, she thought. What does Nightmare want with me? I've only seen him in person once or twice. We've never spoken to one another. Did I do anything to him? or am I just the perfect bait?

     (Y/N) cringed to herself at her last thought. Disgusting.

~~~~

     Ink slapped Horror across the face with his paintbrush, sending him flying into a tall, black pillar of concrete. Error threw his strings at Fell, tightening his strings enough to make him unconscious, but not kill him. Blue stared up at Dust, who was towering over him like a skyscraper. He just smiled, waving rapidly.

     "HELLO!" He yelled, smiling. Dust just stared at him, confused. He shrugged his shoulders and moved on to Error. At the same time, lots of the villains were mocking Error, trying to distract him.

     "You're so stupid, Error," yelled Blackberry. "Joining the good guys and abandoning your friends and for what? You're nothing without us."

     Error just ignored him, letting the words bounce off of him. Blue frowned.

     "HEY, YOU BIG BULLY! STOP MAKING FUN OF MY FRIEND FOR BEING SMARTER THAN YOU!" 

     Blackberry turned and looked at him, smirking. "What are you going to do about it?"

     Blue's face grew red with anger. Quickly, he summoned a tiny bony, throwing it at him. But, the bone only traveled a foot or two ahead of him, hitting the ground with a quiet clank. Blackberry's smirk grew, making him gulp with fear. Blackberry summoned a larger bone, the size of a club. He stalked towards Blue, who had only just then realized he had trapped himself in a corner.

     Ink was laying on the ground, dodging Cross, who was attempting to stab him with his giant knife. Beads of sweat formed on his skull, as he saw Blue in trouble on the other side of Nightmare's throneroom. Suddenly, Ink wasn't able to move anywhere else, and Cross had him right where he wanted him. Cross raised his knife over his head, ready to stab him in the chest. At the last second, Ink raised his paintbrush up, making Cross stab the wooden part of the handle rather than him. He pushed back on the brush, sending Cross backwards with the knife.

     Smiling, Ink wiped the sweat off of his head and ran to help Blue. Blackberry brought the bone back like a baseball bat, ready to smash a hole in Blue's skull. Blue just covered in the corner, shaking with fear. He held his arms over his head, shutting his eyesockets and hoping for the best. Blackberry swing at him, but was held back by a hand on his arm. He turned around, seeing him frowning back at him. Ink brought his fist backward and punched Blackberry in the face as hard as he could, knocking him out.

     Blue opened up his eyesockets, lowering his arms. Ink looked at him with concern. 

     "Are you okay, Blue?" Ink said reaching out to hug the shivering Blue. Blue just shook his head, still trembling with fear. Ink chuckled.

     "Man, that must've really traumatized you. I'm proud of you for sticking up for Error though." 

     Blue stopped shaking, a large smile growing across his face. The stars in his eyes grew.

     "DO YOU REALLY THINK SO?"

     "Of course I do, Blue. I wish you were that brave more often." 

     Error placed an arm around Ink's shoulders, panting. He bent over, putting his other hand on his knee.

     "I...*pant* took care of...*heave* everyone..." he said before falling over onto the ground dramatically.  Ink and Blue laughed, helping him back onto his feet.

     "MAGNIFICENT! NOW WE JUST NEED TO FIND NIGHTMARE AND HAVE HIM TELL US HOW TO UNFREEZE DREAM! MWEHEHEHEH!"

     Error managed to smile, but it quickly disappeared.

     "Uh, guys...have either of you actually seen Nightmare? Because I don't think he's actually here."

     They all looked at each other, confused. 

     "I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM ANYWHERE."

     "Yeah, neither have I."

     "WELL, LET'S NOT JUST STAND HERE AND WONDER WHERE HE IS, LET'S LOOK FOR HIM!" 

~~~~

     I'm gonna immediately start on the next chapter after this is published on both here and quotev because this is getting really fun to write. Also, the 666th word of this chapter was 'fear', so that was hilariously exciting.

     WORD COUNT: 1124 WORDS