18. Swan Princess AU kinda

*The ages aren't right I know I'm winging it.* <—— Story of my life 'I'm winging it.'

*Unedited - Like everything else in my life.*

No Particular POV:

   In which Lilly and Rikkard are both children of rulers of different kingdoms and have an arranged marriage since Lilly's birth.

•••

  She's not the youngest of her family, and she's surely not the most beautiful baby to be born but there was something that made Samantha Ambrose think she was special. That she would be special for her two year old son who was peering over the crib in which the little brown haired baby sat.

  She cradled baby Adaria in her arms as she spoke passionately to Lilly's mother who was pregnant with another child whom she was going to call Ella.

   It was at the exact moment that Rikkard leaned over to play with Lilly's curls that both mothers had a similar idea, their two children were to be engaged one day and join their kingdoms.

  •••

  Lilly traveled with her father at eight years old. It was the first time she had seen Rikkard since she was a baby and she didn't really remember that well. The rest of her sisters would be joining them later in the summer along with their mother.

   Samantha stood outside her husbands palace, as per usual he was locked up in his room and she feared that her precious son would turn out much the same way.

   She smoothed out the fabric of her pink dress and called her children down from the entrance. She hoped with her whole heart that the fiery spirited girl would help melt the ice growing in her little princes heart.

  Adaria leaned on Rikkard as they treaded down the steps, her son held himself as if he had the world on his shoulders at the mere age of ten. Adaria was more timid and warm than her brother.

   They looked very similar. Both with rich, dark black hair and shiny blue eyes. Rikkard was tall for his age and looked like he would grow up to be a handsome man.

   "Come along children they will be here soon." Again she smoothed out her dress and waited for her children to shuffle and stand next to her.

  Lilly and her father rode in front of their carriage laughing on horseback. Her brown hair wild and free, she was in trousers sitting full saddle on her cream white horse.

  Adaria smiled when she saw the fiery girl of the same age as her. She could tell they would be fantastic friends.

   Rikkard straightened a little bit more, if that was even possible, his lips turned up slightly watching the very un-lady like lady run her horse around the grounds before coming to a stop in front of his mother. He watched with an emotion he couldn't decipher if it was disgust or admiration as she vaulted off the horse and landed perfectly on her feet.

    He nodded slyly at his two best friends who were spending the summer with him, Karim and Carter, who were both hiding in the bushes. Karim was a tall eleven year old who was completely loyal to his best friend.

   Rikkard glanced at Carter and he was staring at Lilly in wonder. His eyes were wide and excited. He looked at if he'd just seen the most beautiful girl in the world.

   At this point Rikkard didn't care if Carter thought Lilly was pretty, he surely didn't want to marry her he didn't want to marry anyone. He just wanted to ride his horse, play with his friends and make money.