So far, So bad.

for all the lovely comments and encouragement...! <3

Chapter 6:

 __________________________________________________________________

“When did you get here?”

“Well I guess while you were finished arguing with the kid’s mother up there!”

“That long?”

“Ya, apparently that long. Knowing you, you wouldn’t lose the chance of chit-chatting even while on your escape mission.”

“I wasn’t. And don’t talk like you’ve known me since eternity. It’s been what? – just three days may be.” Scarlett replied in a flurry and Ryan jus raised an eyebrow in skeptical amusement.

“Oh…..wait. How did you even know I was umm…escaping?” she asked timidly.

                   Ryan knew it all right. At first, he was just angry, furious in fact. But the scene he witnessed when he arrived there just couldn’t keep him angry anymore. It was plain hilarious. For all the effort Scarlett showed in escaping was in the end ruined by a spider. But he was still anyway relieved that due to her bizarre personality she made enough commotion to make John realize what she was on to. Luckily, john had not recently taken up any assignment from the gang so he was in his rental place that is just below his apartment or well his temporary apartment.

“Hey….answer me. Dammit.”

“Well you made a lot of friends up their ….but unfortunately for you the guy you informed that –“there’s this strong and handsome kidnapper who is keeping you hostage and…”

“What? NO…I didn’t say that. I recall I said terr…terrifying…Not handsome.” She wrinkled up her nose and pointed the fact out like it was the most important thing in his answer, ignoring the fact that she chatted up john –who was his friend.

“And that guy you spoke is my dear friend – John.” He finished what he was saying to enlighten the dummie.

                 He was waiting. Waiting for her to shrill, shout or at least start bawling over how stupid she was or what awful fate she had. But that never came; looking down at her he realized she was just staring into space with a hint of smile on her face. He blinked several times to be sure whether the girl really did smile in the situation she caught herself in.

“Hey why are you smiling? Something wrong with you.”

“Uhh...na-uh…I was thinking. So that cute guy up there, your friend ha? So…….well is he single or something? Would you set us up?”

                 Ryan knew he was agitated by her stupidity but this reply was beyond that. It irritated him to think that right now all she could muster up to ask him was about his so called “cute” friend. He just ignored her for the rest of the trip up towards their room…his room. All the while listening to her blabber about how she thought the lady who was their neighbor is possibly an insane person and teaches her child to talk rudely and ignore a ‘possible Spiderman’.

“Hey Ryan…”

“Stop talking.”

“But I...”

“SHUT IT.”

“OK. Fine don’t be so snappy. I was just saying –I can walk you know. No need to carry me all the way up to the room.”

              Bewildered Ryan looked down at her in his arms. He was carrying her from the moment she fell in his arms, and in haste must have forgotten to put her down and instead just carried her all the way here paying no heed to all people staring at them in the building. It was all her fault, he thought. He looked down at her to explain her just that but the moment he did- he halted in his thoughts as he saw her little button nose all scrunched up and her amber eyes regarding him with an angry glare.

              Ryan looked. And looked …may be not more than a few seconds but long enough to know that those eyes were sketched to life- that’s how beautiful they were.  Those speculative dark eyes…which could pass off for black but were all brown and green freckled the more you look. And that button nose….

“You’ll fall in love.”

“WHAT?” Ryan screeched, a little embarrassingly for a guy, as he was snapped back from his thoughts by Scarlett.

“I said-Don’t stare into my eyes, you’ll just end up falling in love with me.”

“Ar- are you crazy? I was just...I…what the hell.” Ryan dropped her on her back and marched forward to his room after that obnoxious comment, ignoring all her moans and grunts because of the fall.

              He didn’t like her eyes, they were just…just unique is all, he decided. And that nose too…it was just very small and cute- Not. Just a very small nose. Very smartly and hastily he decided his reasons for his actions and began unlocking the door to the apartment. Once he finished doing it , he kicked the rest of the door open in frustration and turned back to usher that annoying existence inside, just to catch her sprint towards the lift.

“I’ll be damned.”

****

A/N: i'm supa sorry for sucha a small update. i'm ashamed . i really am. :| i last updated in feb, and exams and college kept me busy. 

but i promise to update regularly and sorta bigger than this chapter next time.

Thanks for staying with the story ! i love you all , i really do. Xx  :)