SEQUEL - Can't Get Enough - Chapter 2

Addilyn's POV:

As I wake up, I look over at my clock to see it was only 5:00 in the morning. Ugghhh, I won't be able to go back to sleep now that I'm awake. Oh well, since I'm up I might as well go ahead and get ready.

I crawl out of bed and head to the bathroom. I wash my face and comb my hair, then I walk back to my closet to pick out some clothes. I pick out a grey sweater, ripped jeans, and a grey slip-on Vans. 

Once I'm done getting ready, I look at the clock to see its only been 40 minutes. I guess I could read until the sun comes up. I grab the recent book I've been reading and sit in my window seat. I open the window a bit, to let some air in. I always like to read with the window open for some reason, I think it just calms my senses. 

After reading for about 30 minutes, I hear a howl coming from the forest near my house. I open the window more to see if I can get a better scent on the person. They are definitely a WolfBlood and their scent seems familiar. I look at the forest intently and finally I spot glowing eyes in the darkness of the forest. They are staring right back at me, I hear ruffling and the wolf turns around and runs off into the forest. 

Huh, that's weird. More and more packs had been moving to the area but we don't usually interact that much unless we have too. There isn't much tension but everyone likes to keep their distance anyway. 

I feel sunlight on my face, so I look at my clock and it about 6:40. I get up from my window and head downstairs. My mom and dad are downstairs talking and making breakfast. 

I don't think they have noticed I was downstairs yet because they keep whispering to each other.

"Rhydian, we need to tell her soon", I hear Mom say.

"I know Maddy, but I don't want her to freak out", Dad replies.

"I know but she'll found out eventually and it would be better if we told her", Mom huffs.

"We will tell her on her birthday", Dad states.

"Okay", Mom replies.

The floor creaks as I step into the kitchen. Their heads snap to where I stand.

"Hey sweetheart, how did you sleep?", Dad asks.

"Good. What were you both whispering about?", I ask.

"Ohhhh, It was about your birthday surprise.", Mom says nervously.

"Oh okay", I could tell she was lying but I'll just go with it.

I sit down at the table and grab some bacon and toast. Jackson comes running down the stairs. He runs to the table and grabs a plate full of food and digs in. Boys. But honestly me too.

I hear a knock on the door. It must be Rachel and Daniel. I walk over to the door and open to see my two best friends. I smile and open the door father for them to walk in. 

"Hi, Rachel. Hi, Daniel", my mom says from the kitchen.

"Hello Mrs. Morris", they both say in unison.

"Be careful on the way to school", Dad shouts.

"We will. Love you both, you too Jackson", I yell back.

"Love you", they all shout back.

Rachel, Daniel, and I all walk out to Rachel's car and I purposely get in the back to leave them both in the front. Rachel looks back at me in the mirror and I smirk at her. She shakes her head at me and starts to drive to school. 

We arrive at school in about 10 minutes with 10 minutes till school starts. We walk to our lockers and get our books for our first block. As I shut my locker and turn around, I come face to chest with someone.

"Hey Addy", they state in an amusing tone.

Really god you couldn't have waited until at least lunch. I look up to see Mason Knight smirking down at me. The odd thing is he smells the exact same as the Wolfblood I smelt earlier.

Hey guys, I know it's been a while. I still want to finish this book for all of you. I hope to get a chapter up a week, but it might be slower than that. Thank you, if you have stuck around this long. I hope I can make it up to you.

DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE FOR THIS CHAPTER IF YOU ENJOYED IT!

WHAT DO YOU THINK MADDY AND RHYDIAN HAVE TO TELL ADDILYN?