Chapter 10

I woke up to my piercing alarm clock at 7:30am. After about the third snooze I finally got up throwing on some black jeans and a tight, stripped sweater. I brushed my teeth and barely brushed my hair before scampering downstairs. I yelled bye to my parents before grabbing my keys and running out the door. I wasn't going to give them any chance to drive me to school anymore. 

I got to school and parked in my assigned parking spot, waltzing into first block, late as usual, dreading the day. 

I sat in my desk, my mind wandering to anything but what I should be thinking about. It was one of the nicest days we've had in a while and all I wanted to do was leave this jail. 

"Okay, now everyone partner up and start the project, if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask!" My eyes jerked to my teacher when I heard these words. Great, a partner project. Because what I need right now is definitely some prick using this project as an excuse to pry into my business. I sighed before turning around to whoever was behind me. 

"Want to work together?" I asked the kid behind me. I recognized him from around the school but didn't know his name or anything about him other than the fact that he was in my class. He was cute. His blonde hair and blue eyes gave him a sort of innocent vibe, which I kind of liked. 

"Sure." He said shrugging and starting pulling out some things from his book bag. 

"We're you listening, because I have no idea what is even going on." I said kinda laughing. He laughed and nodded towards the person in front of me who was trying to hand me some papers. I took one realizing it was the rubric and continued to pass them back. "So, what's your name?" I asked scanning the paper. 

"Niall." 

"Nice." I wrote my name at the top of the paper and scooted my desk around to face him. "I'm Becca." 

He laughed. "Yeah I know." I jerked my eyes towards him a little offended at his sarcastic remark. 

"What do you mean you know?" 

"Well I mean, it's not a bad thing but everyone knows who you are." He said looking at me a little nervous. "I didn't mean to offend you, I'm sorry." 

"No, it's fine. I get it." The rest of the class period was basically him doing all of the work and explaining it as he went along, and I pretended like I understood. I checked my watch continually counting down until the bell finally rang. "Well, yeah I guess I'll see you later." I said throwing my bag on my shoulder. 

"Well, do you think we should exchange numbers?" He asked nervously. He seemed to always be a little uneasy. "For the project obviously." I laughed. 

"Yeah, sure." I wrote my number down on his rubric and set his pencil down, smiling at him as I stood back up straight. "See you later, Niall." 

***

There was finally only 15 minutes left of the school day. I tapped my pen repeatedly on the desk staring out the window waiting the bell to ring. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I pulled it out underneath my desk to see who it was. An unknown number popped up saying, hey, and I figured it was Niall. I said hey back and hid my phone in-between my thighs. 

Come over when you're out of class.

I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion at Niall's choice of words. I opened the conversation and soon realized it was Harry. I snickered as I replied and clicked my phone off. 

"Rebecca," My teacher said and I raised my eyebrows at her. "you know no phones." My teacher scolded and I sighed. Do I walk out now or just wait a few minutes and avoid any more problems.