Chapter 7

I groaned as the warmth was ripped from my body. I shrugged closer to the body beside me trying to keep warm. “Becca, if you don’t get the fuck up right now!” My eyes shot open at the familiar voice. I sat up on my elbow seeing the last person I wanted to see.

“Go the fuck away Louis!” I yelled throwing my pillow at him only for him to catch it. I rolled my eyes lying back down. Luke moaned rubbing his eyes with the palms of his hands.

“It’s 15:20!” The words stuck in my head.

“What?!” I sat up looking over at the alarm clock sitting beside Luke. I had to be at the court house in 45 minutes and I still haven’t gone home and got ready or even got my car. I got out of bed pulling on my jean short. “I have to be at the court house in 45 minutes.” I said frantically fumbling with my t-shirt. I hopped over to the dresser beside Luke trying to put my shoes on grabbing my phone and shoving it in my back pocket. Luke was still propped up on his elbow watching me frantically run around with a disordered expression on his face. “I have to leave right now.” I mumbled turning to run out the door but he grabbed my hand.

“Kiss me.” He mumbled pulling me close to him.

“What?” I was confused. Why would he just want me to randomly kiss him?

“Kiss me.” I didn’t think about it any farther considering the time I had and pressed my lips to his quickly.

“Bye, Luke.” I yelled running out of his room.

“Becca!” He mumbled keeping me close to him. “Just tell the truth and you’ll be alright.” The words ‘tell the truth’ bothered me. I’ve been prodded at about lying this whole time and then one person tells me once to tell the truth and everything changes in me.

“No! Becca stop you can’t do that!” Louis yelled. I ignored him behind me and looked into Luke’s eyes. They were practically pleading for me to agree so I did. I nodded softly.

“Okay… yeah I will.” I turned around running

“Good luck!” I heard him yell right before I slammed the door. Louis stood propped up against the brick wall beside the door. I ran towards the parking lot but Louis grabbed my arm pulling me close to him.

“What was that about?” He groaned annoyed.  

“More importantly why did you just show up here?” I yanked my arm away from him.

“Even more importantly, why the fuck are you listening to this dick about telling the truth?! You know well enough that we’ve stressed that you cannot tell the truth or both of you will be shit!” I rolled my eyes at his word we.

“You know, I love how a month ago you were saying that this was no we, it was all me and now you’re here acting like you know everything about me and acting like you know exactly what I should do and what I’m going to do. Guess what Lou, sometimes you get lied to also.”