Chapter 8

“Harry, you need to know that I’m sorry, I really am.” Harry needed to know that I never meant for any of this to happen.

“Becca, stop!” Harry groaned. His hands held my arms down by my side as he tried to get me to pay attention. “I get it but I’m done.”

“W-what do you mean, you’re done?”

“I don’t want anything to do with you Becca!” He ran his hands through his hair tugging on the ends. He shrugged dropping his hands to your sides. He turned around walking back in the same direction.

“I’m sorry.” I mumbled so inaudible that I knew he wouldn’t hear me. I sighed giving up on trying to get him to understand.

“Rebecca.” My mom’s voice rang through my head. I turned around and saw her and my dad walking towards me.

“You left these in Lou’s car.” I felt someone place a box in my hand from behind me. “I know how hard it is to get a pack underage.” Their voice whispered in my ear quietly. “Be nice to your mother.” Their hand soon left mine and I heard soft footsteps leading the other way. I looked down at what was placed in my hand seeing the pack of cigarettes and the lighter Luke gave me last night. I smiled softly closing my hand around them as best as I could to hide them from my parents.

“Rebecca, we need to get home.” My dad said. I nodded as he handed me my shoes. “You lost these?” He said more as I question. I thanked him softly slipping them back on my feet. I followed behind them slowly towards the car.

“Becca.” I heard a familiar voice call from behind me. I turned around and saw the same girl I grew up with.

“Rachel?!” I screamed. My older sister smiled as I ran up to hug her. Rachel is 3 years older than me. She was one of the few people that understood me and actually paid attention to me in my family. She went to college. About 3 years ago and I barely ever get to see her anymore. When she left it really fucked me up. “I’ve missed you so much Rachel! It’s been shit without you.” I laughed and she rolled her eyes.

“Of course it was, I’m great.” She joked. I brushed my hair out of my face and she looked down at my hand that was holding the pack of cigarettes. “Becca, are you smoking again?” She asked. She said it disappointed not like she was telling me to stop.

I shrugged. “I never stopped.” She sighed pressing her lips into a thin line. “I’m sorry I’ve tried, I really have but… I’m so addicted to them.” She nodded.

“I know you have, c’mon you can ride with me home.” She smiled. I tried to smile but the thought of me disappointing my sister made me really upset with myself. I didn’t like disappointing Rachel because I’ve disappointed her and so many others already. I turned around and saw Harry climbing into the passenger seat of Louis’ car but what confused me the most was there was a cigarette hanging limply out of my mouth. I furrowed my eyebrows as the car pulled away engulfing his face in a cloud of smoke. I thought back to when Kane told me that Harry smoked in high school and I wondered if he ever did stop. “Is that him?” She asked.

“What?” I asked looking over towards her. She nodded towards Harry who was now pulling into the street.