Chapter 4

(A.N.) The end in very naughty...

I'm sorry.

KANE ON THE SIDE

***

My knuckles knocked on the familiar door I used to come to everyday. I stood there waiting until I heard heavy footsteps. The door flung open. Caleb's roommate Kane. Kane Stanton. (ON THE SIDE A.N.) The third guy I've ever fucked; but no one has ever known about that. He stood there holding the door open with a smirk plastered on his lips. He was only wearing boxers and his hair was perfectly tousled like always.

"What can I do for you, malady?" His smirk didn't change. He scratched his chest and bit his bottom lip tightly.

"Is Caleb home?" I asked trying not to pay any attention to him. I looked around him to seem less pleased with his presence. He stepped to the side holding out his hand gesturing me to come in.

"In his room." He told me and I walked around him and headed towards his room. His door was unlocked but I knocked twice just to be sure. I cracked the door and saw him sitting on his bed smoking.

"You smoke in your room?" I asked confused. "I thought you weren't allowed to smoke in this complex." He shrugged.

"Not usually." He didn't make eye contact with me at all yet. I walked over to his bed lying down beside him. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder loosely. Neither of us said a word for few minutes. I looked around his room at the various posters of bands and half naked woman plastered on the walls. Various packs of cigarettes distributed all over dressers, hanging out of dirty jeans in the floor. I can't say I wasn't slightly ashamed of the life that Caleb and I chose it live together. Filthy, isolated, cigarette filled lives where all we do is fuck around. But I didn't care enough to change it. I obviously was okay with it.

It was late; probably around 6:00pm and I was getting tired. I rested my head on his chest feeling my eyes grow heavy. Caleb didn't move. I would probably just stay the night anyways. Tomorrow was Thursday meaning I had another 8 hours of school tomorrow. I could skip but there's no telling what kind of technology my parents have suppressed in my phone to track me down. I can't let my parents find where Caleb lives. He would kill me.

"Who's this Styles kid?" The name Styles seemed so vaguely familiar to me. I furrowed my eyebrows looking up at him. He spoke again so nonchalantly. "Harry Styles, you know him?" Of course I knew him. Harry. I could feel myself starting to become more content with my words.

"Uh, yeah I met him the other day at the gas station. Not a big deal." I shrugged trying to get him to forget about it.

"Really? That's all? You didn't go home with, or fuck him, or-"

"Why does it matter?!" I yelled frustrated. "You don't fucking care about me so why do you care?!" I was beyond pissed now. He laid there with the cigarette hanging limply out of his mouth. At this point I wanted to do anything to make him mad and I did the one thing I shouldn't have done. I took the one thing from him that he only ever cares about.

His cigarette.

I reached down snatching it out from between his teeth. He sat up slowly with his eyes dark and grabbed my arm that was holding the cigarette. I sucked my breath hard at the pain circulating around my forearm. "Caleb please-" I used my other hand to try and pry his hand off but it didn't work. His hand just gripped it tighter making his knuckles and my skin around his grip turn white. He pulled me closer to him so our faces were inches away. I was on the threshold of crying. His hand was still firmly wrapped around my arm. "What's that?" His eyes were staring into mine and I tried my hardest not to look away knowing he would hit me again.