Chapter 14

CARLEE'S POV

I got out of Marco's car to go to the back to Hunter. He was sound alsleep. I picked him up and Marco waited behind me. I turned around and came in contact with Marcos chest.

"Let me take him." Marco said. He took hunter from my arms and held him like it was his own kid.

"Thanks." I said to Marco and he just gave me a boyish nod. It was so cute. We walked up to the front porch and Marco unlocked to door and let me in first even though he had hunter. He's such a gentleman.

We walked upstairs and put hunter in a extra bedroom after making sure he wouldn't fall off the bed.

We walked to Marcos room and I set my stuff down and Marco took my hand and took me to the bed.

"Let's get to know each other. Okay?" Marco asked.

"Okay" I said. To be honest I was sort of scared that he wouldn't accept me for who I am because I have a pretty messed up family.

"I'll go first. Why were you so mean to everyone today?" Marco asked.

"It's a way to protect myself from getting hurt. A lot of people hurt me in the past but I would just brush it off because I was young and didn't really understand. Then Katie came along and ruined everything. She was the one who told me to cut myself and starve myself. She took all my trust and threw it away. The worst part is she didn't know Jenna Betti and said and I quote 'Jenna was a heartless girl who didn't care about anyone but herself. She always thought she was so pretty. She put herself before anyone. She was only alive to get attention and guess what? she got it.' That hurt the most Marco. Her saying that hurt bad. She took my entire heart and crushed it with her bare hands." I said and by then I was crying a waterfall.

"Hey. Look at me. She's not worth your tears. She wants to hurt you and your letting her hurt you. Why is that?" Marco asked

"I don't know I guess I always thought I could get through anything. But I can't." I said.

'And we'll go up up. But I'll fly a little higher. Go up in the clouds because the views a little nicer.' My phone went off. I got my phone out of my pocket. It was Julia. Julia was my best friend and is/was Jenna's sister. I answered and heard lots of crying.

"Juls. What's going on?"

"What's today Carlee? Think hard" omg how could I forget. Today's the 3rd. Jenna's anniversary of her d-de-dea-death.

"Juls do you and Gigi want to come over."

"Please." She said crying really hard.

"Yeah hang on."

"Hey Marco can Julia and Gigi come over."

"Ya sure. Is everything okay?" he asked concerned

"Thank you and I'll tell you in a sec." I said to him "You guys I'm at Marcos house okay?" I said

"O-okay" Julia said before we hung up. There were tears brimming my eyes before they all came out.

"Hey are you okay?" Marco asked

"Umm not really." I told Marco why I was upset

A/N

I'm soooo sorry this took so long. First I got writers block. Then I went camping and didn't and service or wifi. Then I had cheer. And just a lot things were going on at the time. So with that being said let's get on with stuff. So I have been wondering. I have a couple questions I want you guys to answer.

1. How old do you think I am?

2. Do you think I'm a good writer?

3. On a scale of 1-10 how good is this?

4. Do you think I should change my book cover to a newer one?

Okay that's all the questions I have for today. There will be more later on. I want at least 4 people to answer.

I love you guys.

Instagram: abbyturner_2002

Vote comment share