Chapter 1

Today is Bella's birthday and Alice is throwing a party for her even though it's against Bella's wishes. The entire day I've been helping Alice prepare for her party and the entire day I can't help but shake the feeling something bad is going to happen. "Sophie come help me with this!" Alice calls out to me. "Kay!" I yell back. We finish the decorations just in time for Bella and Edward to arrive. They slowly open the door and I everyone yells surprise. Bella jumps and that causes us to laugh. "Happy birthday Bells... this was all Alice." I say quickly throwing Alice under the bus like the great friend I am. Out of the corner of my eye I see Alice scowling playfully. "Present time!!!" Emmet yells scaring me. I hit him playfully and say. "Patience is a virtue you do not have Emmet." Everyone chuckles at that. Everyone sits down and Bella begins to open her presents. As she grows closer to mine the more excited I get. Then she being the clumsy girl she is cute her finger.... in a room full of blood sucking vampires. That's when all hell breaks loose. Jasper charges at Bella his eyes black as coal, Edward blocking him from getting to Bella. He pushes Bella behind him and pushes jasper away. Emmet and Alice both take jasper away and rose leaves the room because Bella is now bleeding badly. She's sliced open her arm. I rush to her side to help but Carlisle beats me to it. He takes her into his office and stitches her up. Then he sends her and I home... great birthday. "I knew something bad was going to happen!" I yell as I drive Bella and I home. "You couldn't of known that would happen soph." Bella says trying to comfort me but does not succeed. When we reach the house Charlie has a lot of questions for Bella. So I leave her to fend for herself. Heading upstairs I see something on my bed.
A single rose necklace it's truly beautiful. I then see a note next to it.

Dear Sophie,I wanted to give you this so you'll always know I love you

Dear Sophie,
I wanted to give you this so you'll always know I love you. Because I do, you are the best thing that's ever happened to me...never forget that.
                                           Love,
                                                    Carlisle