chapter 8

Morning comes slowly but surely and by the time i was up Bella was already yelling at dad for saying he would send her back to phoenix.  As soon as my feet hit the bottom of the stairs all eyes were on me. I shift uncomfortable by their stares. "Sophie tell dad he is being ridiculous.. Forks is my home." i sigh and say my part. "Are you sure your not just saying forks is your home because this is where Edward was?" i see hurt flash across her eyes as i mention Edwards name. I instantly feel a little guilty because i know what it's like hurt at the mention of a single name. But the guilt quickly disappears as Bella yells at dad saying.  "Fine, i'll go out tonight if you want. I will call Jess or Angela." she says but dad quickly states that's not what he wants. "I want you to be happy, no not even that much. I just don't want you to be miserable. I think you'll have a better chance if you get out of forks." he finishes and i'm shocked dad sacrificing his happiness for Bella was something i didn't see coming. 'I'm not leaving." Bella states simply and dad asks why. Bella then makes up some excuses such as she doesn't want to crowd Renee and Phil. Dad slams his fist on the table and says. "We both know what's really going on here your sister said it, and it's not good for you. It's been months. No call, no letters,no contact. You can't keep waiting for him." Bella begins to turn red from what i can only imagine is anger then she tells dad with anger. "I'm not waiting for anything. I don't expect anything, i have to get to school." then Bella leaves dad and i alone. He sighs and then asks me. "Don't you have to get to school too?" i nod my head and quietly leave the house.