Part 9

(Imagination by Shawn Mendes playing) 

W: Stop it! - he said muffling half asleep next to her. Noora who was sitting up in bed looking out the window, jumped up a bit, surprised.

N: Oh sorry did I wake you?

W: Yes! The overworking, overthinking, analyzing brain of yours is so loud

She laughed a little, he smiled. His eyes still only half open

N: I can't help it

W: Try harder - he threw his arm over her and pushed her back down to lay next to him. He blew kisses on her cheeks until he made his way to her mouth.

Last night might have been the wildest New Year's Eve party she had ever attended. It didn't make it any less wild that the guy she had considered her little brother for two years and her best friend for the past couple months had kissed her. And she kissed him back.

William kissed her! Her best friend William kissed her!

(It was so out of the blue. It was during the celebration itself and we embraced each other to wish a happy new year and while parting he just pulls me in and kisses me. And I welcome it. I even continue it. So it becomes a proper make-out session with all our friends around us. I mean I have no idea what's going on. We continued to kiss throughout the night and eventually found our way to my hotel room. Nothing besides kissing is going on but, still. William and I are kissing! Omfg!!! William and I are kissing. I mean he kissed me first. But I kissed him back. Do I have some unknown feelings for William? Does he for me? I mean clearly. Or maybe it was just spur of the moment thing. Oh, I had so many questions both for him and for myself hehe. )

N: You kissed me!? - she said to him later when they sat down and started eating their breakfast. To avoid their friends and the prying eyes and questions they went to a nearby cafe to eat breakfast instead of having it at the hotel restaurant with them.

W: No kidding. When? - Noora laughs, he chuckles smugly.

N: Seriously William!?

W: I know. I was there. - he goes back to his eggs

N: Why?

W: What do you mean why? - looked up at her again, confused

N: I mean why did you kiss me? Where did it come from all of a sudden?

W: Well.. it wasn't exactly all out of sudden.

N: Oh?

W: Yeah... I have maybe been feeling a little more than friendly towards you lately

N: Okay... how lately?

W: Ehm... Well, I am not sure about the exact moment but, somewhere in between, you coming to Oslo and our trip to Amsterdam.

N: That was two months ago. - she said sternly. She was surprised and shocked.

W: I know - he was nonchalant about the whole situation

N: You have been feeling like this for two months?

W: Maybe more...

N: Oh. Wow.

W: Good wow? Bad wow?

N: Confused wow...

W: How can I make you less confused?

N: I don't know. Tell me more I guess.

W: Ok... what do you want to know?

N: I am not sure.

They both laughed a little.

W: Well... I can tell you that the fight we had was excruciating for me. Not so much the fight itself because at the time I believed I was right. It was more the not talking to you for two weeks.

N: I know. Me too.

W: And that's at least when I realized... that I not only want you around, but I actually need you around.

She smiled. This was for some reason music to her ears. He needs her. It was nice to be needed, in the way he was needing her. She believes she needs him too in the same way. :)

W: But.. can I ask you something?

She nodded

W: How do you feel about me kissing you? I mean I understand its confusing but, you kissed me back... or was that just in the moment?

N: No... No, it wasn't just in the moment. I guess I have been feeling a little more than friendly towards you as well. But I was never sure what it was. I don't think I still know what it is. And then Sana pointed out those things in Amsterdam that made me realize that the way we were behaving maybe wasn't just friendly. But I wasn't sure and when I asked you how you felt about all that you kinda dismissed it.

W: I didn't dismiss it. I just meant that other people had no business having an opinion or questions about how we were defining our friendship or relationship for that matter.

N: Well to me it sounded like you did.

W: I didn't mean it to. I am sorry

N: I know. Maybe I interpreted it wrong. And that's why you kissing me now feels so out of the blue.

W: Yea. I can understand that.

N: So what now?

W: I don't know... cant we just continue like before?

N: Like before? - she was looking at him like "are-you-kidding?"

W: Yeah... But with kissing

She smiled the widest smile, he returned it and leaned over the table to kiss her.