Before Top Surgery (Part 1)

Age: 25

      Cody is now twenty-five years old and he has been on testosterone for two years. He has been going to hormone therapy and he thinks he's ready to get top surgery. His aunt and him was at the hospital, with him in a white hospital gown and laying on a bed in one of their rooms. A female doctor came in the room and smiled at Cody. "Hi Cody, how is your day going?", she said with a happy attitude. She had blonde hair and looked like she was around her thirdy's. "I'm doing well. Kinda nervous but excited too.", Cody nervously smiled. "Well there's nothing to be worried about honey. So i'm here to tell what's going to happen and it's going to be very easy, ok?" Cody looked at her as if wondering if he could actually trust her. "Ok. Thank you Hayley.", he said as he read her little name tag on her outfit. "What's going to happen is that were going to put you in a different room and we're going to put an IV in one of your veins. And what your going to feel is something cold going through and you'll start to feel sleepy. Then you'll go to sleep and we'll start to the surgery. How does that sound?", she asked. Cody was still not a fan on needles but he was ok with everything else. "How big is the needle?" she walked away from his bed and went to a little desk and went through a little box. She pulled something out and walked back to the bed. It was a medium sized needle but it wasn't that big. "About this size.", she smiled. Cody looked at the needle, he honestly thought it was going to be bigger. "Yeah, that's ok.", Cody slightly smiled. Hayley nodded and went out of the room. Cody looked at this aunt, who was sitting next to him in a little dark blue chair. "I'm a little bit worried. I've wanted this for so long but I'm scared that it'll hurt.", Cody said worriedly. His aunt frowned and held his hand and started rubbing it. "It'll be ok sweetie. But just think, your going to have top surgery! Yayy!", his aunt said with one of her hands doing the jazz hands thing. Cody laughed and smiled. "Thanks Aunt Crissy.", he said lightly. A few minutes later, a man came in the room and smiled. "Are you ready the start?", he asked in his deep voice. Cody looked at his aunt and then at the doctor. Cody nodded and smiled. "Ok, we'll follow me and we'll take you into another room. Family members and friends have to wait in the waiting room." His aunt got up and hugged him before leaving the room. "Good luck, Cody.", she smiled.