× BROTHER LOVE!

( CHAPTER NINETEEN - brother love! )

◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼

VALENTINE MONTGOMERY SAT IN THE passenger seat of his brothers car. the two were heading out to lunch and were meeting up with joe and finn. valentine was scrolling through his instagram feed as dacre bobbed his head to the song that was playing on the radio. the older boy, however, was deep in thought despite his laid back nature. he had to ask his brother something serious and he didn't exactly know how to word it, considering it involved his brothers love life and dacre had always kept his distance from that topic (unless val wanted him to beat the shit out of someone).

"you okay d?" val asked, turning his head slightly to look at his older brother. dacre gave the boy a side smile before clearing his throat to speak. "i wanted to talk to you about something but i thought it might be awkward so i don't really know how to say it?" dacre said, his eyes fixed on the road in front of them. "this isn't about finn's post is it?" val asked and dacre saw that his little brother's face had gone bright red. dacre chuckled a little, "no. i'll let mum and dad talk to you about that kind of thing" he said with a smirk on his face. "dacre!" valentine whined and the older boy let out a loud laugh.

"it's about vj. well, it's sort of about vj" dacre said and he felt his brother's smile fade and the air in the car went cold. "what about him?" valentine asked after a while. his voice was croaky and dacre felt a stab of guilt go through him. his little brother had obviously done his best to move on from the things that vj said to him, but dacre could see that it was harder for the 16 year old than he first thought. dacre cleared his throat, looking at valentine quickly through the corner of his eye before speaking once more.

"you remember his older brother? oliver?" "the one that used to bully you because you were big?" valentine asked and dacre shifted uncomfortably in his seat as he recalled the events in his childhood that were probably the worst he had ever experienced. "yeah" dacre said, his throat closing up slightly. "what about him?" valentine had pulled the singular headphone out of his ear, his entire focus on his brother at that moment. "well. we sort of started talking when you and vj were dating and he's starring in a tv show and stuff and..."

"you guys are a thing?" the little boy couldn't help but feel confused at the thought of his older brother dating the guy that made his teenage life hell. "no... well, maybe. i don't really know? i just wanted to tell you so that it wasn't awkward for you if we did start dating?" valentine pressed his lips together and lent back in his chair. the pair were 2 minutes away from the restaurant and dacre wanted to finish the conversation before they arrived, not put it on pause.

"i met him once when i went over to their place. he seems like he's grown out of his ways. but as long as you're happy and you're sure of your feelings. that's all i want for you d" valentine said, his eyes looking out the windscreen as dacre pulled into a car park outside the restaurant. he turned to his little brother and placed a hand on the dark haired boys cheek. "you're a cheesy dork. but thank you." valentine smiled at his brother and unclipped his seat-belt. "let's go have a lit father,son day!" he said, and with that val had left the car and jogged to the restaurant, leaving dacre alone with his thoughts for a moment.

◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼

valentinem joe was sad that his salad wasn't as big as dacre's

valentinem joe was sad that his salad wasn't as big as dacre's. had a dad and son day today and it was rad 💐🖤
dacremontgomery, vjpalmer and 809k others
53,567 comments
tagged ; dacremontgomery, uncle_jezzy & finnwolfhardofficial

usernamea "dad and son day" my heart hurts

usernameb dad dacre is the best dacre

usernamec @usernameb mor like daddy* dacre

usernamed fuck outta here @usernamec

uncle_jezzy i wasn NOT sad. dacre's a fatty :(

usernamee @uncle_jezzy if you're not sad then why a sad face???

dacremontgomery expose him! @usernamee

finnwolfharofficial thank you for today b 🧡

usernamef i only ship falentine idk anyone else

◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼

author's note!
y'all this story is almost over i is sad :(