X // Accident

"Peter, can't you just tell me where we're going?" Luna asked chuckling.

Peter's glad she's smiling again. Only an hour ago, she was a wreck. "Be patient, love. We're almost there."

Luna's hand was in Peter's as he led her down a river. She smiled. Peter seemed excited for her to see what he wanted her to see.

Finally he said, "We're here."

Luna followed his gaze and wow. The view was absolutely beautiful. "Wow Peter. This is amazing."

He smiles, his eyes sparkling, and sits down in the grass. He holds out his hand and as Luna takes it, he pulls her onto his lap. "We used to picnic here with the whole family, before.." He swallows and doesn't finish his sentence.

Luna nods, 'the fire' she finishes inside her head, and stares at the sky. They sit in silence for a few minutes, Peter's arms wrapped around Luna. She realizes that there's nowhere she'd rather be, that he's the only person that truly feels like home. She wants to tell him everything. "In my nightmare... I.." Luna starts, but gets cut off by Peter.

"Hey, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Peter said, his hand removing a few strands of hair out of her face.

"I do.. I want to, because, today I realized, you're the most important piece of my life and I can't live without you. I don't want to keep secrets from you, I want to tell you everything, because I feel like I can. I can trust you, I know I can. You're the only one that seems to understand me. That's why... That's why I love you." Luna spills out. "I realized that today."

Peter's lips curl into his beautiful smile. He kisses her gently. "I love you too."

They lie down in the grass, Luna's head on Peter's chest, their hands holding each other's like a life line.

"In my nightmare, the dread doctors are there... I don't know if it's a nightmare or maybe a memory, but eventually I die." Luna says, and stares into the sky. "Exactly what happened that night." The night she died.

Peter remembers that night. It's still fresh, like it only happened yesterday. "When you called Scott, and you... I got angry at myself. I was the reason you were dead... If it weren't for me, you wouldn't have gone outside, or been caught by the dread doctors." He sighs, tears welling up in his eyes.

"It wasn't your fault-" Luna says, but Peter cuts her off.

"I found you.." Peter's voice breaks and Luna lifts herself up to look at Peter. "Mercury coming out of your nose and mouth, but you still managed to look beautiful." Peter smiled painfully. "I-I held you and where my heart was supposed to be, I felt an indescribable emptiness. You were gone.." He sobbed, tears rolling down his face. "And that's what it took for me to realize I loved you.. But I thought I would never get a chance to-" Peter swallows.

Luna grabs his face, and his focus snaps back to her. "You've got me now, Peter."

Peter nods and focuses on the view. "The sun is already setting" He stated.

Luna turned her head to look. Pink, orange and purple colors filled the sky. "I don't want to lose you." She suddenly said.

"You won't" Peter promised and intertwined their fingers.

~~~

"SOMEONE HELP HER!" Peter screamed, running into the hospital with Luna in his arms, holding her close to him. "HELP!"

He can't lose her.

He saw Melissa, Luna's mother running towards them. "What's her name?" She asks, she hasn't seen her face yet.