Chapter 6 - Restart

Inside of the facility, Cake, after having a "talk" with the guards and the three men who scared everyone else walked back to his chambers. 

His body hurted and the places where their "words" hit him were painful but he didn't mind. After all Timber had went to Father's office and that wasn't a pleasant thing, let alone being there after being acused of trying to run away.

Just as soon as Cake was about to open the door to his chamber, the door flung open and Aqua, a girl of navy blue hair and equally blue eyes, grabbed him and dragged him inside.

-" What the hell happened?! "- Aqua asked, her voice filled with worry.

-" Timber fought back Lance and helped Nice and Murasaki back to the cafe where they're staying. We stayed there a while then head back. Nothing much... "- Cake answered, flustered.

-" Why do i sense you're not telling the whole truth? "- Aqua asked, starting to get a bit angry.

-" I'm not lying! I swear! "- Cake yelled, flustering even more.

-" You always blush when you lie... Especially when it's about Timber. "- Aqua said -" Well... If you can't say it willingly i guess... We'll have to make you spill the beans. -" Aqua maliciously smiled, looking right into Cake's eyes.

Aqua then whistled and from the dark corners of Cake's room Nell, a girl with light brown hair and green bright eyes walked out. Cake wasn't afraid of her but he knew, when it comes down to Timber, Nell isn't someone you want to mess with.

-" Well... Last chance, Cake. If you don't tell us right now what happened, Nell will make you a tiny bit uncomfortable... "- Aqua said, her smile betraying the sweetness of her voice.

-" I told you... I... "- Cake's voice trembled.

After Aqua nodded and got off from Cake, Nell started to get closer. Step by step, she walked up to Cake and grabbed a pen.

-" Left rib. Number seven, counting from the top. "- Aqua instructed Nell, using her ability to 'see' one's body constitution and weak points. A minimum she shares with her original, Ratio.

Just as she was told Nell pressed the pen on Cake's seventh rib making Cake cower and fidget around his stomach.

Seeing as he wasn't budging yet, Aqua sighned and looked at Nell. Nell wasn't happy and relunctatly nodded back at Aqua.

-" Try the right muscle over the shoulder blade. He seems quite bruised over there... "- Aqua said to Nell.

Without further do, Nell again pressed where Aqua had instructed and just as predicted by Aqua, Cake yelled her to stop and trembled, fighting back tears who stubbornly insisted on falling from his eyes.

-" She was taken to Father's office! We talked with the originals a bit too! Please, just stop! "- Cake begged.

Nell through the pen away right then and made sure she hadn't hurted Cake 'too' bad and looked up to Aqua, whose face showed both remorse and fright.

She hadn't ment to hurt Cake but he was just as stubborn as a mule when it came to Timber and she had to know what happened. But now... the answer didn't made up for the means used and she looked utterly sad and angry with herself.

-" I'm sorry Cake... "- Aqua managed to murmur.

-" Yeah... sorry buddy... "- Nell agreed, looking down on her feet.

Cake didn't answer but he knew they were telling the truth. Timber was the bravest, strongest and friendliest nobody that was ever created and few knew the reason why.

Cake didn't felt betrayed or abused by the girls, his friends, instead he felt worried and tried to relieved the heavy atmosphere that was starting to form in the almost pitch black room.

-" Where's the other's? "- Cake managed to ask, still holding on to his shoulder blade.

-" Luy and Mo went back to they're chambers. Nero right now is keeping an eye on Lance, who came back like nothing happened and went right away to his chamber. "- Aqua answered.

-" I still don't trust him. "- Cake said.

Nell didn't preciate that coment but didn't say a thing. Even to an oblivious lover like Cake, her "little" crush on Nero was easily caught. Except for Nero who was even more oblivious than Cake and Luy combined, and Luy coulnd't find his own shoes without Timber's help.

Nell faintly smiled at that thought. Timber was always like a mother to them, keeping them in line and making sure everything was okay between everyone.

Cake sensed the nostalgia in Nell's face and looked up to the ceilling.

-" She'll be alright. Nothing can harm Timber, as long as we stay by her side. After all... she's a part of Tear, remember? "- Cake said, to no one in particular -" Nothing could upset that guy..."

-" That's not a really good example Cake. "- Aqua reminded him, sadness showing in her face -" But you're right. Timber will be alright."

-" Hey Aqua? "- Cake asked.

-" What? "- Aqua wondered.

-" How long have we been here? "- Cake asked.

-" Ugh? For about, what... eleven to twelve years? Dunno. "- Aqua said -" I stopped counting after Quinn died."

-" Yeah... That was harsh for everyone. "- Nell agreed -" Why do you ask Cake? "

-" How about we leave for a little walk outside? "- Cake asked, smiling.

-" You're crazy? "- Aqua asked, amazed.

-" A bit... But i think i have an amazing plan. "- Cake answered.

-" A plan? "- Nell asked.

-" Yeah, an amazing plan that's bound to work. "- Cake said, confident in his words.

-" What's that plan pf yours? "- Aqua asked.

-" A restart. "- Cake said.

-" A restart? "- Nell asked -" What do you mean?"

-" I mean we should start over somewhere else. We should escape and leave. Far away from here."- Cake answered.