Chapter 10 - Secret

The Hamatora were both shocked and intrigued about the proposal the nobodies had made. It was basically out of nowhere they appeared for the first time and now they were asking them for help.

And more confusion came when Timber had been so secretive about who they were, let alone ask them for help.

Cake and the others felt the suspicion and curiosity burning under their skin, feelings flowing from the originals to the nobodies. And Cake wondered, was Timber feeling this too?

-" Hey. I have one question to ask you. "- a voice said from behind Cake.

-" What is it? "- Cake asked, turning around and facing Nice.

-" Who exactly is Timber? You mentioned her, she said she was my nobody? "- Nice asked -" If not, then who is she?"

Cake didn't answer for a while but sighed.

-" I believe Timber should be the one saying this to you but... I feel she's just too ashamed to admit it. "- Cake told Nice.

-" Ashamed? Of what? "- Nice asked.

-" Ashamed, that you're right. Timber isn't your copy. "- Cake said -" Tear is."

-" Who's Tear? And why didn't he come with you? Is he in trouble too? "- Nice asked.

-" No, he's not. "- Cake answered -" He's... dead."

-" What? But, i'm not dead. Timber said that copies died when the original died. "- Nice told Cake.

-" Well... not if the copy is killed first... Tear tried to run away. "- Cake told him -" And he was 9-18. "

-" What's so important about his number? "- Nice asked.

-" Father, the current director of the facility, changed the form of numbers when he stepped in to take charge. "- Cake said -" Before, the higher your number the older you were. Now, the higher the number the stronger you are. "- Cake finished.

-" Then, Timber's 9-19, meaning she's stronger than my copy? "- Nice asked.

-" Yes. But she's not a normal copy, since... she does not possess a original. "- Cake admited.

-" What? How's that even possible? "- Nice asked -" To create a minimum holder you must have a source of power, how is she able to control a minimum if she's not a copy of one?"

-" She is a copy. But she was born after a mistake in Tear's machine... "- Cake told Nice -" Timber's not your nobody. She's Tear's copy."

-" A nobody of a nobody? "- Nice asked -" Then, she was created after nothing."

-" Exactly. She was born from nothing after nothing and now... If we don't help her... she will become nothing. "- Cake told him.

-" Wait. If Tear is dead, how is she still living? "- Nice asked.

-" Because, she is the same type of nobody that killed Father's family. Apparently the Scientist is experimenting in creating new types of minimums and a way for normal people to become minimum holders without having to kill an original one. "- Cake said.

-" He's just like professor Moral! "- Nice lashed out -" Hasn't he realized that that's impossible?! "- Nice continued.

-" Is it? "- Cake asked -" He managed to create, two minimum holders that possess unbelivebly strong minimums from nothing but a drop of blood! "-Cake told him.

-" One, that according to you, killed the directors family. "- Nice retorted, sarcastically.

-" Yeah, and a whole lot of guards, but Timber hasn't done that. "- Cake told him.

-" Yet... "- Nice murmured.

-" Yes, yet... But still she hasn't. She blames herself for the death of your nobody, so please... we  really need your help to save her. "- Cake pleaded with Nice.

-" Nice, we should help them. "- Musaraki told him -" You can't forget that Timber saved you, back when Lance tried to kill you..."

-" I haven't. But still...! "- Nice retorted.

-" But nothing. "- Murasaki interrupted -" She helped you, so now you help her and her friends. "

-" Yeah, Murasaki is right! Besides i would like to meet Honey's and Ratio's nobodies. "- Birthday said, loud enough for everyone in the cafe to hear -" I heard they were beauties! "

-" They are but... stay away from Nell... "- Cake told them.

-" Why? "- Birthday asked.

-" Because... "- Cake started to answer.

-" Because i will bash anyone's face in if you try to lay a finger in one strand of her hair. "- Nero continued.

-" Not if we finish you up first. "- Birthday joked.

-" Ah! As if you could continue fighting for days on end. "- Nero told him.

-" Like you could! "- Birthday responded to Nero's insult.

-" I can. "- Nero answered.

-" What? "- Nice and the others gasped.

Looking guiltly Cake slowly nodded yes.

-" How? "- Ratio asked.

-" Nero's minimum is regeneration... Even if you break half of his entire body,  in a few hours Nero will be walking about like nothings happened. "- Luy told them, finally breaking his silence.

-" What?! "- everyone yelled.

-" Yeah... "- Luy timidly said.

-" Quit those unbelivable faces, we are all like that. "- Cake told them.

-" What are everyone's abilities? "- Nice asked.

-" Well starting from the bottom: Luy as an amazing strenght and his very good at combat, when angry; then there's Mo who's more of a bookworm than a fighter, but he's awesome nonethless; Nell is perfect for reckoning and predicting stuff like enemy's movements or simply to know where and who Nero is talking to. "- Cake said, laughing.

-" Then there's Aqua, she knows all the enemy's weakspots and she has a pretty strong punch too. Nero as i said has an amazing regeneration, I can control everything that's electric, and then there's Timber... "- Cake told them.

-" And? What's Timber's ability? "- Nice asked, eager to know.

-" Well, that's the secret about those types of Nobodies... "- Cake spoke tiredly.

-" Secret? "- Nice asked.

-" Yes... Nobody knows the full extent of their abilities. "- Cake answered.

-" So she's almighty? "- Nice asked him, once again.

-" No, not in the least. "- Cake laughed nervously.

-" You could say that due to Timber's enormous power she is greatly impaired. "- Nero told them.

-" Impaired? "- They asked.

-" Yes. "- Nero said - " Timber is blind..."