Chapter 7 - A Way Out

-" And how do you plan on doing that?! "- Aqua asked, frustrated -" You remember what happened to Tear! Think about Timber! What would she do if you got hurt?!"

-" I know, i know... But i have a plan that involves risks but... it's worth the shot! "- Cake replied confident.

-" And what does this "Plan" consists on? "- Nell asked, curious and preocupied.

-" We get help from the outside! "- Cake said, smiling.

-" From outside?! Are you crazy?! "- Aqua yelled -" Who in the whole entire world would care enouth to risk they're necks for us?"

-" The originals... I'm sure they'll help! "- Cake yelled back.

-" Cake... I don't want to burst your bubble but... Even if they knew, why would they help us? "- Nell asked, cautiontly.

-" Timber's original, Nice, he hates Facultas. I bet my life that he'll love to ruin Father's plans. "- Cake responded happily.

Nell didn't said anything else. The plan seemed far-fetched but, if they could convince them, they might win. 

She knew Cake wouldn't risk their lives on something hopeless, so it must've really be something he knew would work. After all, sometimes, he was exactly like Timber.

-" No objections? "- Cake asked looking at Nell and Aqua.

-" No. "- Aqua and a Nell said aloud -" But we must tell Mo, Luy and Nero."

-" Yeah... I leave that to you Aqua. Nell we need information about the guards shifts, can you manage that? "- Cake asked.

-" Sure thing, boss. "- Nell said sarcastically.

With that settled, Cake was left alone in his chamber and went to sleep.

He dreamed of a place far away from facultas. A small house by the lake, with the sunset over the hills. A family... His family...

But that dream was soon interrupted by the loud voice in the speakers that were placed all over the facility.

-" Attention! Attention! Unknown force detected at the ninenth sector! "- it said.

-" Unknown force? "- Cake asked, sleepy.

Then he remembered what the ninenth sector was. It was the "detention" grounds.

-" A Nobody is trying to escape? "- Cake asked.

Just as he was going to turn on the lights, his door opened and a guard walked in.

-" Number and Code! Right now! No "funny" moves! "- he ordered.

-" My number is 2-22. Code: 6362. "- Cake asnwered, grumply.

Then a guard behind the one who yelled at Cake checked some files and nodded at the first guard.

-" Stay inside at all ocasions! If found outside the chambers the individual will be executed, understood?! "- the guard ordered.

-" Yeah, yeah... Understood. "- Cake replied and layed in his bed again.

The guard walked out and slammed the door shut.

Cake sighned. Nobodies trying to escape wasn't rotine but it certainly wasn't rare, and with the increasing hate on minimum holders, among the society and even the guards, the tension was almost suffocating.

He fell right back to sleep and when he, again, woke up the clock on his wall showed that it was seven am.

-" Time to get up... "- Cake said to himself.

After he got dressed and walked out of his chamber he went to the cafeteria and had breakfast, along with the rest of the crew. Except for Timber...

But that, also, wasn't a surprise. Father had the nasty habit of forbiding Timber to see them but that never stopped her when the punishment was over. 

-" Well... What do the rest of us do? "- Mo asked. 

Mo was short and slender, unlike his original Musaraki. He had light lavender-like hair and purple eyes. He wore a yellow t-shirt with a camo jacket and some kahki shorts. On his feet there were sandals, contradicting the rest of the outfit.

-" Yeah! What will we do! "- Luy said eagerly.

Luy was a bit taller than Mo and his pinkish eyes and really dark black hair made his look something out of the ordinary. He always had his bed hair like it was a style and he wore a jump suit with two brown belts on his waist and he also wore sandals.

To put it simply, he was a tiny bit like his original, Hajime, but he surely was taller and he was a picky eater, being Timber the one who would force him to stay at the table until he finished eating.

Thought to everyone's knowledge, he sure had come a long way up to this point.

-" Hush! No one can know about this! "- Cake reprimended the two boys.

-" Well, you can't blame them Cake... "- Nero responded from across the table.

Nero was tall, stocky but wasn't very muscular. He had white straight hair that would fall onto the sides of his face. He also had light purple eyes like Mo. Nero wore a red shirt with dark blue jeans and grey sneakers.

Nell sat beside him, wearing a pink and white dress and pink slippers. Her light brown hair was loose and fell on her shoulders and her green eyes were concentrated on Nero, as usual...

Aqua was opposite to where Nell was, wearing the standard white blouse and a orange skirt that was above the knee. Her navy blue hair was tied in a high pony-tail. Aqua didn't seem stressed at all and was more attentive towards the food on her plate rather than what was being discussed at the table.

-" Fine. Mo, you'll have to stay behind and cover for us. Your primary duty is to make sure no one notices our absence, okay? "- Cake said to Mo.

-" Roger that! No one will even question your presence! I''ll make sure of that! "- Mo said happily and confident.

-" What about me? "- Luy asked, pounting.

-" You'll come with us to meet the originals. And i'm sure you have a couple of strings to rearrange, remember? "- Cake asked Luy.

Luy didn't asnwer. He was frozen solid with an expression of terror. An "incident" that he accidently caused resulted in the expulsion of his original from facultas. And that incident wasn't pretty in any way...

-" You... You're su... sure? "- Luy asked, his voice trembling.

-" I'm sure, Luy. "- Cake said to him -" Remember what Timber always told you:

-" No matter how many time passes, you always have to come to terms with your mistakes. Only then the door to a new future will open... A bright and shiny way out. "- Cake quoted.