19 Late Winter

POV Jack

In the North Pole things have gone smoothly during this last month. We still have our meetings regularly after what happened with Pitch. They say that a new threat is rising from shadows. However they say that he is not Pitch but has some plans to cause harm. Unfortunately not one of us knows who he is. Manny has just told us that he will try to do something unseen and terrible with enormous consequences. What? Well, that we don’t know.

Despite the serious matter my thoughts are going to a kingdom faraway. Soon I will meet Elsa again, after one month of busy time. “Oi! Mate!” I glance over my shoulder, ”Oh! Hi Bunnymund!” I smile to him and see how his jaw drops and he watches to others looking confused and shocked at the same time. “What did you just say?” He narrowed his eyes and stared me eye to eye.

“I said hi?” I shrug my shoulders. ”Yeah, but after what?” He poked my chest with his front finger. My eyebrows furrowed as I watched him feeling amused, “Erm, I said your name?” Then he gasped, “You ALWAYS call me KANGAROO!” He was now holding me from my hoodie’s collard and shaking me back to forward. “Gaah! Stop strangling me!” I tried to broke his grip but eventually Tooth and Sandy were the ones to pull him off from me.

Bunnymund was breathing deeply and glancing me like a maniac. “Don’t you others see! He is possessed!” I looked at him with my mouth open. ”Me? Possessed? How?” I laughed to him and he crossed his arms. ”Well at first you lost the fun in you and the whole winter was all slushy and mushy!” He rolled his eyes and I leaned to my staff.

“Please, go on,” I made a gesture to continue by waving my hand so it did two circles in the air. Bunnymund seemed annoyed now. “Haha, Frosty. Funny.. Well, then you went somewhere and returned as a different person – more like your usual self!” Now he took a deep and loud breath so no one else could interrupt him. “And you totally got yourself together mate! I mean! The late winter sure was fun.I froze my paws on Easter!” Oh, so that is bugging him. He was now tapping his foot to floor and seemed furious.

“Hey! Calm down, winter is now over and speaking of which,” I glanced outside the window. “I really, I mean, REALLY need to go.” Sandy waved his hand and North groaned a response. Bunnymund was just rolling his eyes still and turned his back to me. Just before I left Tooth pulled me to North’s kitchen.

“Jack, I need to speak with you,” she whispered to me and I felt surprised. “Alright but make it quick!” Suddenly she squealed and seemed excited. It almost hurt my ears. She was looking to my eyes keenly and getting close. Way too close. “So, Jack!” She was talking with her fast way and almost chirping. “Yea?”I narrowed my eyes and got uncomfortable when her body was pressing against me and I got stuck between her and the wall.

“Sorry, can’t help it!” She giggled when she pulled her hand out of my mouth and I rolled my eyes. This happens every time when she is left alone with me. “Still as white as snow,” she smiled. I started to walk away but she stopped me. “Wait! I really wanted to speak with you!” So, the uncomfortable situation continues. ”Get down to business, I am in a hurry!”

She was smiling widely, “Guess who I talked to yesterday?” I rolled my eyes, “I don’t know.” I took a step back when he flied close to my face giggling. “With cupid!” Alright, now she is talking with characters from fairytales. “He is real too!” She pushed my shoulder when she saw my misbelieve. It made me laugh, ”Alright! So what did you talk about?” I sat to a chair behind of me, now she can’t make me lose my balance.

“Well,” she was chirping again and looked at me weirdly, “I think I know the reason why you’ve been acting like this.” She gave me a hug. “Uh? I don’t understand?” She laughed, ”Jack! Can’t you see! You’ve been daydreaming a lot and you were so happy when you came back from Arendelle.” Being happy was something that I have to admit, Elsa forgave me in her own way then. I nodded to Tooth who squealed for my reaction. What is up with her?