30 Moon Trance

POV Jack

“So some breakfast… Breakfast,” I am going through Rob’s cabinets. ”Gosh! Where in the name of God is a frying pan! Or a pot! Toast machine? ANYTHING!” I am opening every door I could possibly found. Elsa is still sleeping at the sofa after she fell asleep on my arms.

I smirk when I open the last cabinet that is furthest away from the stove. “Found you!” I yell to the frying pan that I grab from top shelf. My lungs hurt when I have to cough. “Geez! That Rob isn’t much of a cook considering the dust amount! There is more dust than sand on Mars!” I continue my coughing until I hear a gentle knocking sound on the doorway to the kitchen. This has a separate kitchen with breakfast corner.

“Do you need a doctor?” I heard Elsa’s voice cracking. I turn around and wipe some dust away from my clothes, “No. There is just TOO MUCH dust!” I grin to her and then I show her the frying pan which she takes. At first she was staring at it and I chuckled, “You see that was the reason why I was coughing, nothing serious.” I smile to her but then my eyes widened, “N-no, don’t!” I was unfortunately too late since she blew on the pan. Now we were both coughing our lungs out. Her voice was rough when she finally managed to say something between her gasps for air, “You were right, WAY too much dust!”

I laughed with my dry throat, “Y-yeah, you would think that a guy this rich would have a cleaning lady!” Elsa started to giggle, her eyes were watering. I felt the butterflies when she laughed, I loved her laugh and especially when she was actually crying because of having fun and not being sad. I felt a lump in my throat and I rushed to her, gently wrapping my arms around her and embracing her. “W-what is this for?” She exhaled when I was pressing her head against me, “I love you so much. I just felt like I had to do it. Right now.” I whispered to her and felt how her hands rubbed my back.

Then I quickly stood up straight and held her from her shoulders. She furrowed her eyebrows and questioned me with her look when I smirk to her and then lead her in the breakfast table. “Thanks to you I now have a pan. And I see that the cabinet has other useful stuff also!” I dive inside the cabinet and pull out another pan and toaster.

“You sure that you don’t need help?” I turned around and saw her staring at me. I placed the eggs on the counter, “Nope! I am perfect thank you!” I bowed to her and chuckled. ”You’re having some American for breakfast!” My eyes widened after words escaped from me. “You’re American Jack?” Elsa smirked to me. ”Y-yea! Meant that you will have some American style breakfast,” I turned around and my hands went through my hair, messing them. I glance over my shoulder, she must have noticed. She knows that I do this move when I am nervous, my cheeks are burning.

I clear my throat, “So. The eggs,” my hands shake when I take one of them. Calm down, I tell myself. This wasn’t so hard back then when I cooked for Emma. Calm down, Jack. Breathe. Suddenly her delicate hands are around me, squeezing me hard from behind. “You promised me American breakfast,” she whispered to my ear and my heart was pounding fast. “Umm..” I turned around and she stood there, smiling to me. She pulled me close to her from my hoodie’s collar. Her lips pressed against mine. “Mmmh..” I muffled when my eyes closed. I felt dizzy after she stopped. ”Thank you, now some American style breakfast,” she pinched my cheek and left me standing near the stove. The egg I had been holding in my hand had dropped to ground a long time ago.

I turned around and my face was red, I smiled happily and my eyes wanted desperately to watch her all the time. I couldn’t wait until the scrambled eggs, bacon and waffles with chocolate dressing would be ready so I could sit with her on the table and stare at her. Oh no, I sound like a stalker.

“You sure left a mess,” Elsa laughed to me and I looked over my shoulder. Yeah, there were some equipment in desperate need of a wash. Maybe later. I sat to table and we ate. Suddenly I heard a beeping sound, ”What is that?” Elsa laughed, ”It is a cellphone. At the portable kitchen counter.” She pointed towards the vibrating cellphone. I sure didn’t have something like that back then. ”How do I use it?” I held the phone in my hands and Elsa came to me, her fingers slightly touched my hands when she helped me to respond.