Moms help

My mom wasn't home when dad grounded me so when she got home that evening, her and dad got in an argument.

The strangest thing about the argument is that mom was sticking up for me and I thought she would be mad too. But she wasn't.

"SHE'S 13 YEARS OLD!" my dad yelled in frustration.

"EXACTLY! SHE'S YOUNG! LEAVE HER BE I MEAN, THE GIRL KNOWS NOT TO DO ANYTHING STUPID!"

"YOU KNOW WHAT! FUCK BOTH OF YOU! RAISE HER HOW YOU WANT BUT WHEN SHE'S PREGNANT AT 14 DONT THINK I'LL BE HELPING SUPPORT IT!" dad shouted. I then heard the door slam shut.

I heard small weeps coming from downstairs.

"When she's pregnant at 14" kept playing through my mind over and over and over. He doesn't think I'm actually that stupid does he?

I walked down the stairs to see my mom with her head in her hands, slouched down in her chair.

"Mom?"

She turned to me a smiled a bit.

"Hi sweetie"

"Did you see the-"

"Yes"

"I'm sorry I-"

"Do you love him" she asked as she looked me strait in the face still with a small smile on her face.

" I-I think so I-I mean-" she shook her head lightly and interrupted me."Do... you.... love him?"

The questioned lingered in the air for a minute then I answered

"yes."

She stood up and walked over to me and hugged me as she whispered " does he love you?"

I nodded and she chuckled as she pulled away smiling.

"Well then, hold him close because if he said he loved you and would do anything for you than by all means love him. I won't stop you."