Roads end

1 and a half months later....

My mom started kemo the day after I found out.

She got sicker and sicker and was losing her hair.

Ella moved but we've been trying our hardest to keep in touch. It's been hard considering they still don't have a house phone and are having trouble keeping her cell phone bill payed.

School is being a pain in the ass cause ever since my world went to shit, it seems school works getting harder and my grades are dropping.

Chandler has been my only real shoulder to lean on in the last month or so.

He's having troubles of his own with his father treating him, his mother, and his brother horribly.

Let's just say the last month has been hell for the most part.

I haven't heard from my dad yet and i haven't had any encounters with Ashton or Max since... thankfully.

And then it comes to right now. Sitting here, thinking about the saddest and worst damn things that have happened to me in the last two years.

I finally realized something. All of the stuff that has happened to me started when i met chandler. All the girl problems, my dad leaving, me getting.... raped. It was all because of him.

I'm pissed and i want him to know that.

I got up and flew towards the door, grabbing my sweater.

In the garage was my penney board of which i angrilly grabbed and stormed down the road.

Before i knew it, i was standing in front of chandler's house.

I looked at his window and saw him, hair wet, putting on a shirt.

Seeing him only made me more mad. I ran to the front door and banged my fist against it as hard as i could.

I knew his parents weren't home.

Seconds later, a still dripping Chandler swung open the door and smiled.

Moving closer to give me a hug, he was stopped my the forceful pound of my hands on his chest, pushing him back.

"Katie what's wrong?" He asked with worry in his eyes.

"WHAT'S WRONG!?! I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S WRONG! YOU!" I screamed at him.

"What did i do!?!" He began to raise his voice.

"Ever since you came in the picture, I've lost everything. My dad, my best friend, my home, my mom soon, and most importantly, my will to live!"

His eyes went dull.

"Katie what are you talking about?"

That's when i lifted up my sleeve.

Your probably thinking "i thought you chickened out?" And your right. I did... that night.

Chandler's eyes started to water as he held my arm and gently rubbed the scars.

I pulled my arm away.

I looked him in the eyes and, still in anger, swung at him.

He caught my fist and swung me around to where he was holding my arms down from behind.

I started to cry as we slowly fell to the floor, Chandlers arms still around me.

"I don't know what to do. I love you so much it hurts. I have no one to blame so i chose the one person i have left to be the victim. I'm sorry" I whispered, still sobbing.

"Shhh. It's gonna be okay. I promise. It's gonna be okay."

He kissed my head and rocked me back and forth.

God, i love him.

-----------------------------------

Chandler stayed at my house that night, comforting me and trying to calm me down. We spent all night talking.

I went to sleep cuddled up in my mom's bed in Chandler's arms.

The next morning, i was woke up my the phone ringing downstairs.

I krept out of the room trying not to wake chandler and wobbled down the stairs.

My eyes were covered in dry, salted tears.

I got to the phone and lifted to reciever to my cheek.

I said hello and couldn't believe what i was hearing.

Chandler's POV

I woke up uncovered with my arms empty. She must be in the bathroom.

While walking to the bathroom door to inform Katie that i was awake, i was alarmed by a blood curtling scream coming from downstairs.

I bursted through the doors and ran down three steps at a time.

I got to the kitchen to see the phone hanging and Katie sitting on the floor, breathing hard and having what looked like a panic attack.

I ran to her side and pulled her close, grabbing the phone with my free hand.

"Who is this!?!" I yelled through the speaker.

"This is Dr. Basha from Newmans hospital. I'm calling regarding Ms. James." The voice spoke back.

"What about her?"

"Well sir, I'm sorry to inform you. Ms. James past away about an hour ago. "

I threw the phone across the room, detaching it from the wall.

A tear rolled down my face as i watched Katie begin to hyperventalate. I ran to look for a puffer but then remembered that her mom had an oxygen tank in her room for the days she was home.

I ran up to get it.

At the bottom of the stairs, i rolled the machine to the kitchen.

"Katie!?!" I mumbled.

I ran to her and put the oxygen on her. I wasn't fast enough. She began to black out.

"KATIE!?! Stay with me. Come on baby just hold in there!" I scrambled to get my phone.

She passed out.