Guitar

The basement of the Order Hall held the extravagant living quarters of the New Order of the Stone. Hallways with the corresponding color of their owner led to each member of the Order's rooms. 

    Today, I headed down the dark blue hallway and knocked on the door at the end of it, calling out. "Petra? You in there?" 

   "Yeah," answered Petra. "Come in,"

    I didn't really know why, but I straightened my armor and flattened my hair before entering, my heart beating a little faster than it was two seconds ago.  I pushed open the door to Petra's quarters, a large room with sky blue walls. Her bed was pushed in a corner, her sword Miss Butter hung on the wall, along with a few treasures she's collected on a few of our personal adventures.

   The room was usually fairly neat but today boxes were scattered about with old looking belongings in them. 

       "Oh, hey Jess!" Petra greeted when she saw me. "What's up?"

   My face felt warmer when I saw her.Those stupid, cute freckles of hers.  I thought. 

     "I was looking for my sword," I replied, partially hiding my face in case I was blushing. Petra's smirk told me I indeed was blushing and that I failed at hiding it. "Have you seen it?" 

   "Yeah, you left it here when we were sparing yesterday. It's over there," She gestured to another corner in the room where my enchanted diamond sword was propped against the wall.

   "Great! Thanks!" 

   "No problem." She went back to rummaging through the boxes. 

   "By the way, whatcha doing?" I asked as I headed towards my sword.

   "Oh, just going through some of my old stuff," She answered as she threw a broken wooden sword into a box that read TRASH

    "Ahh okay," I grabbed my sword and gave it a small swing. As I started for the door, something in one of her boxes caught my eye. "I didn't know you played the guitar!" 

   "Huh? Oh, this thing?" Petra said as she pulled the dusty guitar out of her box. "I used to play it before the whole Witherstorm and everything. It's been awhile." 

   "Can you play something? Pleassee?" 

   "No, i-it's been so long, I don't even think I remember any-"

  I gave her my best puppy dog face. It was her turn to blush now. 

   "Ughhh, Jesse you know I can't stand that face," She said slightly annoyed, but there was a smile on her lips. "Fiiine. I'll play something."

   She sat up on her bed and I joined her while she tuned the guitar. "Ok, what to play," She stared off into the room for a minute, then "Ok! Got one,"

"We're a thousand miles from comfort,

We have traveled land and sea,

But as long as you are with me,
There's no place I'd rather be."

    I was entranced by her voice. Her singing went so perfectly with the guitar. I closed my eyes as I listened to the music, absent-mindedly laying my head on her shoulder as she continued.

"I would wait forever,

Exalted in the scene,
As long as I am with you,
My heart continues to beat.

With every step we take,
Kyoto to the bay
Strolling so casually
We're different and the same,
Gave you another name
Switch up the batteries.

If you gave me a chance I would take it,
It's a shot in the dark but I'll make it,
Know with all of your heart you can't shame me,
When I am with you, there's no place I'd rather be..."

Heyy my first Jesstra story! It's about time! This is my OTP right here! XD
Btw, the song Petra is playing is called Rather Be by Clean Bandit. I left a link if you guys wanna check it out!