Stay With Me. Please.

A/N: Since I'm posring this in a mini-browser, I can't italize or bold. When you see a word surrounds by slashes, it's italized. Happy Holidays!

  //The Past//

      "Petra, you can't hide this from them." A worried Jesse said. Petra had finally told her about her Wither sickness. "You're sick and in pain. They're worried about you." She paused. "/I'm/ worried about you."

         It was nice to have people care about you. Living alone, in a cave, collecting shady items for shady people? Not much friends or care for your well-being in that department.

         Being thrown into an enviroment with awesome friends who would protect you no matter the costs was a welcome change, and maybe even a bad one. Petra wouldn't want to be alone again after knowing how it feels to have friends at your side, but people change.

      She shouldn't get used to this. One day, they could just drift away without so much as a goodbye and she would be all alone again.

//Present Day//

      Petra was walking back to Champion City after her daily visit to Beacontown, hanging with Jesse. Yes, it had been a fun day, but Petra was frustrated with herself. Why did she move to Champion City if she was still going to be staying in Beacontown all the time?

     As much as Petra knew in her heart staying put in Beacontown just wasn't for her, she couldn't leave Jesse behind. Jesse was the only one who hadn't moved away from her, yet she had still grown distant, just like the others. With taking care of Beacontown, the citizens, and training Radar as an intern, Jesse just didn't have time for Petra anymore, and it broke her in two. She thought she would never be alone again, but everyone is drifting away.

They were best friends.

/And maybe even more than that./ Petra thought.

    Axel, Olivia, Lukas, Jesse. They had found their calling. And they didn't include Petra.

       She entered her house in Champion City and the first thing her eyes laid on was a group photo of the New Order of the Stone. Everyone was smiling, happy. Together.

      Petra picked up the photograph and studied it for the hundrieth time. The warrior's eyes became misty as she slid to the floor, hugging the photograph to her heart. They were all she had.

And they were all leaving her.

She was destined to be alone again.

   All Petra wished was for Jesse to say
"I'll always be right by your side." 

A/N: Hey! Here's a short little chapter for Christmas! Enjoy your holidays! (Also I'm sliwly exploding from excitement for the new Steven Universe episode)