Chapter 25: Jasmine Knows

Upon arriving home, Justin talked with Johnson over the phone about the dance competition at JCenter Mall, and Johnson reminded him that he should bring some food for the Family Day the next day.

“Whatever,” Justin said. “I know that already.”

“Just reminding you, Bro. Ciao,” Johnson said before hanging up.

He hung up the phone and began to prepare his outfit for the next day. As he was fixing the stuff inside his bag, he received a text message. He grabbed his phone and checked to see. The message was from Jasmine, wanting to talk to him via video call.

Great! Just the right person to talk to about heartaches.

He borrowed his mom’s laptop and dashed back inside his room, set the laptop up, and logged on the video call application. When he was completely logged in, the video call box appeared, and he accepted the incoming call.

“Hi Justin,” Jasmine crooned.

“You’re just the right person that I need to talk to,” Justin crisply said.

“Oh, I was just wanting to talk to you about some light stuff, but here you are, wanting me to be your Ate Charo,” Jasmine told him before chuckling.

Ate!” Justin groaned. “I am not joking.”

“Oh, sorry,” Jasmine said before continuing to chuckle.

Justin fumed as his elder sister continued to giggle.

“Okay, so what is it? Is it about that Nuestra Señora girl?” Jasmine asked, smirking.

Justin heaved a sigh before resuming. “Actually, it’s not from Nuestra Señora.”

“Oh? So who could it be?” Jasmine asked. “Wait, don’t tell me you are just telling me you fell for a girl when in reality, you fell for a guy classmate!”

“Of course not,” Justin shot back at her. “Ate, I am serious!”

“Okay, I will shut up now,” Jasmine told him in assurance before getting serious. “So, who is it?”

“It’s….” Justin stammered. He did not know if he should reveal this or not. “It’s.. Ate Ashley.”

Jasmine was dumbstruck before erupting into laughter, making Justin fume all the more. How come Jasmine never took him seriously?

“Ashley?” Jasmine asked, raising her voice, and Justin had to hush her. “Oops, sorry. Really? Ashley? Why?”

Justin shrugged. “Beats me. I just… fell for her.”

“Why her, of all people?” was Jasmine’s amused question. “I will not wonder if guys will fall for her, but someone younger than her? And my little bro at that? Come on!”

“I’m not joking!”

“Fine, I get it,” Jasmine said before chuckling a bit. “Okay, so how did it all start?”

Justin shared to her it all started when he first saw Hansen and Jasmine being together when the former brought the lodger home one evening. He even shared that he hated Hansen even though he is Jonathan’s cousin.

“Oh, all right… so meeting a Nuestra Señora girl at a Math quiz bee was a lie,” Jasmine pointed out to clarify things.

“Y...yeah…”

“So, it really was Ashley to start with,” Jasmine rejoined.

“Yeah…”

“Whoa, that’s difficult!” Jasmine exclaimed. “Wait… so the girl you told me about, the girl who is in love with someone else is actually Ashley? And the guy is Hansen?”