Chapter 9: School vs School

SIDL.

The boys ended their practices early because Miss Alcasid had to go and fetch her aunt at the airport. The schedule was a bit wanting, for the guys had learned to love dancing hip-hop moves with Miss Alcasid. They still found her corny most of the time, but when it came to dancing hip-hop, Miss Alcasid was their ultimate idol. The guys from the other sections were extremely envious, and even the aloof and self-righteous Section 7-A hated them for having loads of fun, even having the formerly strict Miss Alcasid for a class adviser.

The boys exited the school campus and took off their button-down shirts to reveal their statement t-shirts.

“Say, where do we go?” Jake asked his buddies.

“Beats me,” Joel answered.

Johnson seemed to remember something, so he turned to Justin. “Hey, won’t your dad fetch you?” he asked.

“Nah,” Justin replied nonchalantly. “Dad went to Manila to attend to some matters. And that leaves me to go home by myself...again.”

Johnson smirked and told the others, “Yo guys, why don’t we go to Ayala?”

Joel commented in sarcasm. “Yeah, and I’m feeling incredibly fine today.”

“Oh, come on, Joel,” Jonathan urged the semi-loner. “It’ll be fun. We’re gonna dig some chicks!”

“Great idea!” Johnson said to his cousin.

“Yay!” Jake exclaimed as he clapped his hands.

“Oh, oh, me too!” Justin said while raising his hand.

“Yeah right,” Joel muttered to himself.

The gang walked on and passed by the gates of Frigate when they noticed four Frigate girls having an altercation with seven Pale Jade girls. Now, where were the Pale Jade boys, by the way? As they got nearer, they were able to eavesdrop.

“I really don’t see any reason why we should continue with this stupid school rivalry,” Nadine remarked to a Pale Jade girl who seemed to be the leader of the gang.

“And why not?” the ritzy Pale Jade girl asked, raising her perfectly plucked eyebrow.

“Because we might end up as classmates in college, that’s why,” Linda explained.

The Pale Jade girl scoffed while her friends erupted into laughter.

“We??” she asked Linda. “Huh! Never!”

“In your dreams!” another said.

“Like we’d even care to have you for classmates,” the third said.