Chapter 2: I Miss You

The sun had risen about halfway in the sky. Kion had awoken early that morning. He stretched out his legs, his back arched into the air. He decided to get a drink from the watering hole. He slowly walked up to it, and had drunk from the fresh clear water. He gazed at his reflection, but then he noticed something odd. He saw another face staring back at him. He turned around and jumped back in surprise, raising a paw. It was Kamaria, she had awoken before Kion.

"Surprise ya?" She smirked.

"What are you doing up so early?" He asked her, confused.

"Well, you're up early too, I could ask the same to you." She replied with a grin.

"I asked you first!" He said glaring.

"Fine, fine in case you haven't forgotten, you still owe me that challenge." She said, smirking wrapping her tail in front of his chin.

"Oh, I do, well we'll see if you really have what it takes." He smirked back.

Kamaria glared.

"Yeah, we'll see." She said before grooming herself.

Back in the pride lands, Zazu had report to Simba and Nala about his search.

"Your majesty's I'm afraid I have some bad news." Said Zazu flying down onto pride rock.

"What is it Zazu?" Asked Simba.

"I have yet to find the prince Sior, it appears he's not around anywhere, I've looked around every corner." He said disappointedly.

"Are you sure you've looked everywhere?" Simba asked, with a look of disappointment on his face.

"Indeed Sior." Zazu replied.

"I understand, thanks for trying Zazu." Said Simba sadly.

"My pleasure." Zazu said, standing by the King's side.

"Still no sign of him?" Nala asked, as she walked out of the cave towards Simba.

"I'm afraid not." Said Simba looking down.

"Oh my, our little cub is gone..." Said Nala, mournfully.

"It's okay, I'm sure he'll show up soon we just have to keep looking for him he'll come back to us I promise." Said Simba soothingly, nuzzling her calming her down.

"Mom? Dad?" Said Kiara, walking out of the cave, "Have they found Kion yet?" She asked hoping for a good answer

"Not yet Princess." Said Simba, patting the top of her head with his paw.