Chapter 12: Battle To The Death

The volcano erupted loudly in the outlands.

"So you won against the Lion Guard, am I hearing this right?" Said Scar.

"We did Scar! Can you believe it!?" Said Janja.

"Hmm, yes, very good Janja this only means one thing."

"What's that?" The hyena questioned.

"We are stronger than they realize, we can take down ALL of the Lion Guard, and the pridelanders, as well as Simba." He grinned menacingly.

"YEAH! Wait, how are we gonna do that?" Asked Janja.

"Oh Janja, it'll be easy. I've been in this volcano for long enough, it's time Simba's reign has come to an end. We will take over the pridelands, and defeat the Lion Guard, we will destroy every single thing in existence, and most of all, we will defeat the pridelanders, and then I can take back my role as King." Said Scar.

"So... us outsiders, will basically go to war against the pridelanders?"

"Yes Janja, we will. I have had enough of your stupidity, CROCODILES! JACKALS! VULTURES! HYENAS! Listen to me, today will be the LAST day Simba is King, I want every single one of you, to go to the pridelands, and ATTACK. Now, GO! All of you!" Scar demanded.

The jackals, crocodiles, hyenas, and vultures all traveled in groups, one by one they exited the volcano.

2 weeks have passed in the Pridelands

Kion was pacing back and forth, worried that Janja would come and strike again, it was only a matter of time before every food source will be vanished. The pridelands indeed, was slowly, but surely, falling apart, piece by piece. They had already lost Killio Valley, what was next?

"Erm.... Kion? Are you okay?" Said Bunga.

"I'm fine Bunga, just need to think." Kion replied.

"But you've been thinking for the past fifteen minutes!" Bunga pouted, plopping down on his rock.

"I'm sorry buddy, what's on your mind Bunga?" Said Kion, hopping up with him, and plopping down beside him.

"Nothing......." Bunga sighed.

"Cmon Bunga, what's wrong?" Said Kion.

"It's just, ever since that disaster happened, we haven't really gotten a chance to spend time together...." He said.

"I'm so sorry Bunga, hey! I know! You wanna play baobab ball?" Kion grinned.

"You mean it? You still wanna play that silly game?" Said Bunga.

"Of course I do!" Kion smiled, giving him a friendly lick across the cheek.

"Yes!" Bunga happily shouted.

"We better play soon though before it gets dark out." Kion winked.

"Gotcha!" Bunga winked back.

The two animals ran out of the lair in search of a baobab fruit.

"We just have to find a baobab fruit." Said Kion.

"Oh! I see one! Over there Kion!" Bunga pointed to a tree, that had a baobab fruit dangling off it.

"Good eyes Bunga!" Kion grinned, desperately reaching for the fruit, out of the tree.

"I thought I had good eyes." Said Ono, suddenly appearing over the top of the tree, catching Kion by surprise, causing him to tumble backwards landing on his back. He looked up to the egret that was staring down at him.