Chapter 8: Tension Rises

Kamaria was in shock, she stared blankly at the lion in front of her.

"No.... this isn't real, I thought you were gone!" She said in disbelief.

"I'm right in front of you sweetheart, aren't I?" Asafa said.

Kamaria then remembered her dad disappearing on the day of her mother's death, she stared coldly at her father in fury.

"You...... you left me!! All this time, I thought you were gone!" She cried.

"Kamaria, please sweetie, I never meant to leave you, it's just... me and your mother...." He rambled on, placing a paw on her shoulder.

Kamaria jerked away.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" She yelled.

"Kamaria... you don't understand, that was in the past, I've changed now... please, give me another chance." He said smoothly.

"NO! You've had your chance! And you decided to leave me, all by myself!  after mom... DIED! But you didn't care, did you? NO!" She said.

"Sweetheart, please.. I-"

"I don't want to hear it! So what if you two got into an argument, that's no excuse! You didn't have to leave her! Leave me! You just left her there.... like you didn't even CARE!" She growled.

"Kamaria, I did because me and your mother needed a break from each other..." He said quietly.

Kion watched intensely at the two's conversation, he was slightly confused, and got down low to the ground trying to block out the yells, but there was too much tension, he sighed rolling his eyes as he watched them both ramble on.

Good grief.... so much drama, I can't take this! What in the pridelands is going on!? He thought.

"So what dad!? I know you! You wouldn't have just left her there, unless you..... you... KILLED HER!"

Kion then stood up, his ears perked straight up, when he heard the word "kill" in Kamaria's speech. He was speechless, but he stayed quiet not uttering a single word.

"KAMARIA! why would you ever think that!? It was a hyena remember!? NOT ME!" He explained.

"Or maybe it was you... YOU LIED TO ME!" She said angrily.

"I don't know where this is coming from, but I would NEVER kill your mother!" He said raising his voice. The tension was building up faster than Kion had ever seen before, he was now scared and tried his best to keep low in the tall grass so the lion wouldn't see him.

"What's going on dad?" A tall lean female cheetah asked, walking with her mother  towards the two with a confused expression on her face.

"DAD!?" Kamaria said, suprised.

"Uh.... haha, nothing Amani....."

"So now, this cheetah is YOUR DAUGHTER!?" She questioned glaring.

"Well.... yes... but you're my daughter also sweetie!" He said.

"You're HIS daughter too!?" Amani asked shocked.

"OF COURSE I AM!" Kamaria said, in frustration.

Ugh...... save me now. Thought Kion, covering his ears with his paws.

"Alright, honey, what is she saying?" Hasnaa asked her mate, who was clearly in a sticky situation.

"HONEY!? YOU..... SHE'S..... YOU CHEATED ON MOM!" Kamaria growled, anger was boiling in her body faster than a rocket.

"Sweetie..... it's about time we moved on.... your mother can't be with us anymore..." He said.

"So, you decide to FALL IN LOOOVE with some other female when you HAVE a MATE!?" She scowled.

"WHAT!? What is she talking about honey!? EXPLAIN! NOW." Said Hasnaa furiously.

"Really... uh... I...."

"GO ON! TELL HER!" Said Kamaria. She was on rage mode at this point.

Asafa sighed before a mumble escaped his lips explaining the truth.

"Hasnaa, dear, there's something I need to confess. You see, I had a mate, before you... and she died a long, long time ago, but I'm over her now!" He said.

"So you're telling me, I'm not your first mate, and you haven't told me this whole time??" She questioned her mate in disbelief.

"Hasnaa, love, let me explain!" He pleaded.

"Enough! I don't want to speak to you right now..." She said walking away from him slowly with her daughter behind her.

"Hasnaa! UGH look what you've done, you little BRAT! Now everyone is against me!" He growled.

"Whatever dad.... I'm ashamed of you... How could you!? I thought you were better than that! I guess I thought wrong..... goodbye dad." Said Kamaria, she blinked back her tears as she beckoned Kion to follow her.

"Are you okay?" Kion asked her, a hint of worry on his face.

Kamaria took a deep breath, and sighed.

"Yeah.... look, whatever you just witnessed back there.. I'm sorry that you had to listen to that...."

"No, it's fine, I just, was more worried about you, I mean you lashed out on him, haha you are pretty uh.. dangerous." He said laughing.

"Ha, I guess so, but now I know why I can't trust him anymore... he decided to leave me, for such a long time.. I just, can't believe him..." She said with anger.

"Hey, don't worry about it, you did what you had to do, and I don't blame you for it.. I would've done the same if I was in that situation..."

"Yeah, well.. where do you think we should go now? I mean, I don't know I think we should go through those fields, I feel like we're getting close, real close." She said.

"Yeah, let's just go."

The two cubs ran through the tall grass, keeping a steady pace with one another.

When they got through the fields, they knew they were getting close, a scent filled the air.

"Do you smell that? It definitely smells like some sort of animal was right here." She said, sniffing the ground.

"Yeah, wait...! This scent, it's vaguely familiar to me... I feel like I know this scent." He said bending down to sniff the grass.

"Well then, we need to find out who crossed by here, maybe they'll know where the pridelands is, you think?" She said.

"Maybe.... let's just keep going, we can keep tracking the scent, and maybe it'll lead us to where the animal or animals are." He said.

"Good idea." She replied, walking alongside him sniffing the ground below.

"Hatari... I feel like we're getting nowhere, we've just been walking in one direction! Do you even have the slightest idea how much my paws ache right now?" Fuli complained, holding up one paw in pain.

"No... I'm in pain too, but if we want to find your Kion, we need to keep going no matter what it takes.. I want to do you a favor and help you find him." He said determinedly.

"I appreciate your kind words, and confidence, but how do you know where to find him?" She asked looking around helplessly.

"I don't, but we might be getting close." He said.

"I hope you're right about this..." She said.

But little did they both know, that they were close, really close. Kion and Kamaria were only about 5 miles away.. and they will get closer... by each second.

Alright hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry I made it short, but I promise you the next one will be longer! Don't worry guys Chapter 9 will be coming shortly too! I hope you all liked the drama I added between Kamaria and her dad, I like to add a little bit of drama in every chapter, which makes it more interesting.. and hilarious in my opinion. Anyway, I'll see you all in my next chapter! Love you all!💗💗