Chapter 17: Reflection

Bright rays of sunshine shown down upon Kion's face forcing him to awaken. He raised his head, sniffing the air catching a whiff of a familiar scent just across from him. He glanced to his right, instantly recognizing the female cheetah that lay sound asleep on the rocks.

"Oh that's right, I must've fell asleep in here last night." Kion thought, rising to his paws.

He bent his head downwards to give his cheetah love a few subtle licks on the head.

"Sleep well my love." He whispered before heading out the entrance of the tree.

Kion ran to a nearby watering hole, desperately in need for a drink. He gazed at his reflection in the clear puddle of water, staring at himself with shock. His mane had grown a little longer, and two thick strands of bright red stuck out over his head.

"Woah.. I didn't realize I looked so... different.." He said, suddenly twitching when he heard a unsettling voice and evil laughter echoing from the puddle. He stared at it more closely, squinting his eyes to make out another face of a lion staring back at him with a sinister smirk, plastered on his muzzle. Kion's eyes widened when he recognized the familiar face of his evil uncle.

"Scar!?"

"That's right Kion." Scar grinned.

"No! Go away! Leave me alone!" Kion exclaimed.

"You and Simba will pay Kion.. and all your friends."

"NO! Stop!! I'm not afraid of you Scar!!"

"We're the same Kion hahaha!" Scar laughed.

"We're NOT the same Scar!! I'LL NEVER BE LIKE YOU!! NEVER!!" Kion screamed at the face in the puddle, swiping his paw across the water in fury.

"Kion?"

Kion turned to be face to face with Fuli, staring at him with concern.

"Fuli? What are you doing here? I thought you were still resting!" Kion raised a brow.

"Rafiki released me a little while ago, I heard you yelling, is everything okay?"

"I'm fine.." Kion muttered, forcing himself to sit.

Fuli went over to nuzzle him, brushing her soft fur against his.

"I don't know what's going on, but you can tell me." She said in a calm tone.

"I... I saw Scar... when I was drinking from the water hole.. his face appeared.. he was saying stuff like how me and everyone will pay... and that we're the same... it freaked me out.." He explained, looking down at his paws.

"Scar!?" Fuli's eyes widened.

"Yes..." Kion sighed.

"That isn't good... we have to tell Rafiki.."

"I know, but not now, I don't want anyone to know yet.." Said Kion.

"Are you kidding me!? Kion this is serious! Scar is a huge threat to the pride lands he's out to get all of us! We have to let them know!" Fuli exclaimed in disbelief.

"NO! Look Fuli, we cannot let anyone know about his return yet, it'll only cause complete chaos in the pride lands.."

"As if we don't have chaos already!" Fuli argued.

"Fuli please... we'll let them know soon enough but now's not the time..."

Fuli sighed when she saw the pained look in her mate's eyes.

"If that's what you think is best, then I'm with you," She said.

Kion breathed a sigh of relief.