Chapter 13

"The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained"
Chapter 13
Losing a loved one (pt.2)
Allessa POV
2 months later.
-----

My eyes carefully open and I slowly regained consciousness confused on how I got here.Laying in a small bed with white sheets and stiff pillows below my neck.

Looking to my side I see Shania sleeping on a hospital bed.I feel like there is something unusual in my throat so I try to cough it out but I end up gagging uncontrollably.I see stirring slighty but then her eyes fully open as she sees me gasping and gagging.She goes and gets a nearby nurse that excubates me (removes the beating tube).

She starts to give me the information they I've missed since I've been in a coma then leaves.

Shania peaceful sleeps beside me stirring ever now and then I just reach over to her head and softly pat it waking her up slowly. She slowly opens her eyes with a confused expression etched onto her face before coming face to face with her best friend.

She gasps and then stares in awe at the fact I'm awake with stray tears falling from her eyes.

"I missed you so much."She whispered as she leaned slowly engulfing me in her radiating warmth.

" I missed you too. But I can't help but ask Where's Shawn? "

She gets up careful releasing me from her embrace turning away pull at her hair slowly ask if contemplating something.

"Shania, H-He left. He said he's not coming back. He urm- he broke up with you." Shania forced out looking down.

My eyes began to water and the monitor that was a reached to me began to increase in pace and sound.

Shania watched as my body went on shock and doctors came in rushing. My heart had litreally stopped the doctors needed to save me but I don't think I wanted to be.

He left me. I thought he would stay. I thought as I drifted onto the light.

I felt a bolt of electricity course through my veins before letting out an exasperated cough.

I looked around hearing Shania scream and embrace me tightly.

"Allessa stop!! Don't die stay with me" she pleaded her face socked with tears her hair frazzled and face swollen.

"W-Why did he leave me he said he l-loved m-me?"

I couldn't believe that he really left me that all of these I love you's were lies.

My mum came into the room unexpectedly with tears slowly cascading her face she seemed distressed but overjoyed that she could see me.

She came up to me and held me urging Shania to move aside for her to have a moment.

"I missed you my sugarplum"

"I missed you too mummy" I said beginning to cry softly.

"Mummy he left me"

"I know sugar plum he didn't deserve you"

Several days later I was discharged and went back home to my normal life but somehow he lingered in my thoughts each and every day.

Why didn't he say goodbye? I need to know.