don't fool me.

mackenzie 

while my head was rested the soft surface and my body was lying down my eyes fluttered open to the blinds opened surrounding my room with light. i rubbed my eyes and softly moved my head to look at the time. 

"7:46" 

I grabbed my phone and looked through my social media and feed. i placed my phone down on my night side desk and opened my skin to the coldness in my room. I head to my bathroom and turn the shower on. I brush my teeth and enter the steaming hot shower. i put soap on and quickly washed my hair. i set out of the shower grab the towel wrap it around my body and tuck it in. I go to the cabinets under the sink and found some small towels. I wrapped my hair in one of them and moisturized my face. i take the towel off my hair so it can air dry and head to the closet. I picked out an adidas gray sweatpants with a black leotard tucked in. I put some puma socks on and held back into the bathroom. I place my towel back where its suppose to be and place my dirty clothes in the laundry. I go to my room and take my phone from where it was placed on my night side table and shove it down my sweatpants pocket

I skip down the stairs and see my sister maddie eating chocolate chip waffles. my mom is cooking some food for lunch and my dad is about to leave to new york for his work. 

"good morning honey" my mom said while turning the egg on the stove 

"morning mom, morning maddie" i say while walking towards the table 

no surprise maddie is on her phone so she doesn't realize I said anything and continues to eat. sometimes i wish i could smack her phone out her hand but my mom would get mad at me for doing that. i mean she gets mad at me for everything and the only reason she is nice to me is because of the cameras the house is surrounded by. 

"honey food is on the table, and we are leaving in an hour to dance."

I walk to the fridge and take the chocolate syrup and maple syrup which was placed on the door side of the fridge and took it out. I placed it on my table and spread it out evenly and beautifully for my instagram and snapchat story. I take my phone out from my pocket and take a quick picture. i caption it "yummm" i tagged my mom underneath it and posted it on my instagram story. I took another one for my snapchat and captioned it "follow my instagram for a bite @/kenzieziegler. 

I nibble on my food until its done and place it in the sink. I rinse it with water and and rub it with a little soap since the chocolate and maple syrup stuck to the plate a bit. I put it inside the dishwasher and went upstairs. 

I took the hair dyer from the drawer under my sink in the bathroom and plugged it into the outlet. i set the hair dyer at high and hot and ran my brush through my hair. I then took my brush and put it under my hair and took the hair dyer and ran the steam through my hair to get it straight and dry. I did this with each strand and put my hair into a high pony. I grab my dance bag and go downstairs i sit on the couch and look through my phone. i like some edits my fans posted on instagram, and followed some people. I look over the kitchen and see maddie's dish on the counter i groan and put my phone down. I take the plate rinse it out and put it in the dishwasher. I filled me and my sister a bottle of water and placed maddie's on the kitchen counter and mine in my hand. my mom came down with maddie and we head into the car. 

"so kenzie you got your dance bag right?" my mom asks to make sure we didn't leave anything even though we were 20 minutes away from the house and if we turn around we would be late and we are never late. 

"yea, i also filled maddie a bottle of water so we wouldn't get late."

"thank you honey but next time i want maddie to do it, she never does any work, she's only on the phone." my mom simply replies without questioning if maddie would hear because she kind of wants her to hear. i chuckle and my mom gives me a warm fake smile. i then remember she is being nice because of the tripod set up. 

"maddie, you brought your bag right, i filled you water as well." i say to make sure otherwise abby would be mad. 

"of course maddie remembered her bag she never forgets it mackenzie. right maddie?"

"yea i have it right here, mom." she stops what she was saying and looks around 

"oh my god, no this can't happen i forgot my bag!" i let out a chuckle and mom glares at me 

"no mom i am not giving my bag to maddie to get myself in trouble and if you blame me i will tell the producers to show abby the footage of you making me give my bag to her."

she glares at me again and continues to drive. always will work.