the friend

mackenzie

today is "dance moms: girls' day off" today i am not spending the day with the girls because i said i had an interview. you see i said it but it doesnt mean i accualty do. what i accualty am doing is going to a spot i havent gone in a couple years. i used to go their before with my old friend mary.

i loved her she was my best friend. she knew about all my promblems and promised to keep them. and she did. but i dont know where she is now. i havent seen her since '12. and that was 5 years ago. the last text she sent to me was 'bye mackenzie have a nice day' since i had to go to dance. the last thing she said to me was 'good night hope the bugs dont bite'. the last time i facetimed her she said 'youll do great out there dont worry.' and the last word she said to me on a envolope is still questioned because i havent read it yet. i feel like its never the best time to read it.

i walk down the way and climb over some big boulders they seem have to block the way. sadly that made it harder for me to go as fast as i could before and that was just too much work to really go over that many boulders.

-

-

[15 minutes later]

from: johnny

"hey im bored wanna come over?"

to: johnny

"uh kinda busy right now maybe later..."

I had just reached the spot. It hasn't changed a bit besides the inside. I haven't checked but maybe more people visited here so they marked it.

from: johnny

"i just rang your doorbell and your mom answered she thought you were at mine. where are you mackenzie!"

wow. he never said mackenzie after we became good friends. is he mad?

to: johnny 

"don't worry ill come soon i just needed to visit some place."

from: johnny

"what stuff without me"

to: johnny

"you don't know this place. maybe ill tell you one day but i havent told anyone yet so. goodbye."

from: johnny

"ugh bye mackenzie"

wow he must be mad oh well. 

i climb the tree step by step. I then reach the top and step to the door way. 

this tree house is built like a very very small house. it is very sturdy and this is my first time coming without her.  its hard but the note is here. and im reading it. 

I sit on the floor and open the box that the envelope is placed in. i feel scared for some reason I feel like this will uncover all the truths.

i peel the end of the envelope open and see a piece of paper folded. my eyes start burning and get blurry. i wipe the wetness on my cheek and the salt water coming from my eyes. i look into the envelope and open it. 

"dear mackenzie. 

hey mackenzie. i want you to not worry about me. i am leaving this at your door before I leave to woods. yes i won't see you for years. but i want you to know im close. you can find me. if you want too. but don't be alone. they are many reasons why I am leaving but for now you should know-"

i stop what im reading and call john. im shaking i need to find her. 

he answers

"john i need you to come here now alone."

"what mackenzie? are you ok? where are you??"

"im not ok come quick alone. ill send you my location."

i end the phone and send him my location and jump down the tree house. it creeps me out staying there. what if she was there? She was in the woods? oh god! 

i run quick to the boulders and see john in the distance. 

i run quick to him and he holds me while i colaspe into his body crying. 

"john its not safe lets go!"

I grab his hand and start running he is very confused on how i know my way deep into woods but leaves it behind and run with me. we leave the woods and reach my neighborhood. 

"mackenzie. whats wrong? please explain!"

so i tell him everything. i tell him about my friend to the envelope how i thought she was in the and watching me! how i wouldn't be able to sleep and how there was on of the letter in my hand. 

"may I read it?"

i nod and hand him the paper. oh god. 

[747 words] 

i know guys short sorryyyyyyy but im posting tommorrow again! dont worry more jenzie coming soon!