Chapter 1- Transformation

I tried to run towards the light, but I couldn't move my legs. I looked down to see that there were thick black tentacles wrapping my legs. Why did they have to be so disgusting? No matter what they were, I knew I had to keep going. I dredged my way through, ripping my way as I watched the light waver. I couldn't let it go, not now. I felt another small force as I saw something crawling out of the tentacles. The force set fire to the the ground and screamed at me to run. I moved as fast I could towards the light, but the tentacles, now on fire, slithered towards me. I made it to the light and kneeled down to it. Whatever it was, it seemed like a robot. An strangely angelic robot...but where had it come from? I never had one that looked like this. 

"P-p-p-please...lend me your strength..."

I knew I had no better options. Either I  could trust this robot and hopefully not be betrayed, or I could die here and be sucked back into true darkness. I summoned the last bit of strength I had, and at that moment, all my memories of how happy I was with my friends and all the times I shared with these perspective emotions. 

"Thank you..."

I opened my eyes to see that I was some where completely different. I was in what seemed like a small room. Comfortable chairs, books, a fireplace...Was I in someone's personal library?

"You couldn't have given me another body, could you?"

I turned to see a spitting image of myself, except he was in more fancy clothing compared to my usual jeans and a t-shirt.

"Who or what are you? State which emotion you represent!" I usually did this with all of my new recruits, it kind of made me feel like a leader.

"All I know...is you can call me X."