4

"So.. I tried to eat Kageyama?!" I asked. Horror was written all over my face and I felt the dread rising in my stomach. Was that why I felt so full now?

Suga let out a small hum, shrugging and lifting his hand to fiddle with the strands of hair on the back of his head, "W-Well, for a lack of better word.. Yeah, I guess you did." I sensed he wanted to comfort me; classic Suga nature. I tried to wrap my head around the situation. I had kind of blacked out while this whole thing had happened, but Suga had been assuring me that it was fine. He said that Kageyama was still sleeping in his bedroom, and he was fine. I guess that was what the bandage on his shoulder was about.

"Is that why.. I don't feel hungry anymore?" I asked tentatively. Suga gazed at me for a second sympathetically; it gave me a nasty feeling in my chest and I wanted it to end.

Thankfully to me, Suga shook his head, "No, no." His expression changed. I think he was a little bit amused now. In reality, I may have just not been the best at seeing emotions back then. No, actually, I think Suga was just conflicted on how to treat me. I know I would have been if I had found my team mate trying to eat my other team mate alive.

"We had other things for you to eat here."

The way those words rolled off of Suga's tongue sent a shiver down my spine. Other things? What was that referring to? A moment of silence passed before I asked him timidly.

"You really haven't figured it out yet?" Suga asked me. Pain vibrated off of him, and his sweet voice told me my fate from then on. It was such a bittersweet thing to hear. It was such a alien feeling.

The sound of his word echoed through my ears, and reverberated around my head for a moment, quite literally. I felt dizzy from the words dancing in my head. "Ghoul," he said. I didn't really respond, a slight chuckle leaving my lips,

"You're funny," I informed him. He didn't share my laughter. Pity was growing in his expression as I laughed. My usual bubbly laugh sounded so bitter. It was like it wasn't even coming from my own throat, my own body. Everything felt.. foreign. Where was I?

I looked into Suga's eyes, "Hinata, stop.."

I shook my head and pulled myself to my feet. I felt the wounds lacing my stomach stretch, and I barely winced at the pain. For some reason, I couldn't feel it. "I'll see you at school," I managed to choke.

I guess I thought, maybe if I acted normal, everything would change. I wouldn't attack Kageyama, I wouldn't be found by Suga, I wouldn't have even had surgery. God, that felt like years prior in the moment. I'd kill that doctor.

While my brain was ravaged by ideas of revenge to Kanou, I felt Kageyama's soft touch on my lower back. I knew it was him, for I was suddenly surrounded in his gentle smell of aftershave. I wasn't quite sure what it was he shaved, honestly. Maybe it was just the scent that he was after.

I looked up and was graced with the sight of a shirtless Kageyama. Come to think of it, I still didn't have a shirt on either. God, was I a mess. I felt my cheeks darken with a blush as I felt our skin touch. All of my attention moved.

I melted against him and I felt his arms wrap around me. Was this the same Kageyama I've always known? No, this Kageyama was different. So softer. He was so gentle with me, caring about where my wounds were when previous he had spiked a volleyball straight at me at full strength and laughed when i flew back three feet.

"You really can draw him in just like a little puppy," Suga commented softly, smiling over at the two of us. At his word, I watched Kageyama's face grow into a beautiful shade of crimson red and I lost the warmth of his body around me.