12

"train me, please?"

a look of confusion and shock crossed the face of suga and nishiki. they glanced between each other. "which one of us?" suga asked. nishiki tsked from behind his coffee mug, which fogged up his glasses from the steam.

"well.. both of you." i shrugged, "i just.. i want to be strong. it's been nagging at me lately. i feel like i have become stagnant since we got here."

suga shrugged as he glanced over at the honey-haired boy across from him, "well, i guess it would be smart. incase you run into a dove, or something.." he pondered quietly, and i nodded at him.

"you know, i bet touka would love to get in on this too." nishiki hummed. the girl in question was up in her room, studying for something that she didn't want to talk to us about. i just let it go, so i never found out.

"well, whoever it is, i just want to know how to control my kagune."

suga nodded, "we can help you with that."

-

it wasn't much later in the day that i ended up in some shady underground tunnel system, surrounded by my seniors at the coffee shop. i found myself very intimidated, surrounded by ghouls who all had out their kakugans. everywhere i looked, i saw the glint of red eyes staring back at me. suga had told me to take off my eyepatch while we were going down. it felt kind of weird to have other people see my eye, though.

"so, how do i--"

a sharp pain in my side cut me off from speaking. i found myself whipped across the space, landing on the floor in the old cement. extreme pain flooded my entire body as i laid as a heap on the ground.

"nishiki, watch it," i heard suga whine, "he's not used to fighting yet."

"if he's got rize's kagune, it's us that should be watching it." nishiki barked.

i lifted my head the best i could, then myself out of the small cement hole that i had created with my body. "rize? who's that?" i was surprised i got any words out, as i tried to bear through the pain. although, every second it was getting better. it was like i was healing at an extremely accelerated rate.

"the ghoul who was used to make you into what you are now," touka hummed. "kanou used her to make so many half-ghouls.. kaneki, all those ghoul investigators, now you.. who knows who else he's done it to."

"who's kaneki?" i asked, tipping my head to the side.

"don't worry about it." touka muttered. suddenly, her kagune appeared like a pair of wings. what looked like shards shot out from them, and panic rose in my body as i tried desperately to jump out of the way and avoid it. my legs fumbled a bit until i eventually landed on the ground, feeling the shards graze my body. it felt like giant paper cuts along my body, twice the pain.

"c'mon, fight back!" nishiki complained, walking over. his kagune was the type that sprouted from his lower back. it unfurled from where it was, around his leg, and shot towards me. my eyes went wide as i was impaled and pinned to the wall.

i expected suga to come to my rescue as i struggled against his kagune, choking on my own blood while i thrashed against his glowing blue kagune. but he didn't move from his spot across the open concrete space.

"s-suga-" i shrieked, feeling a different pain this time. it came from my back, and was nothing compared to the searing, hot pain of nishiki's kagune. whatever it was shot from behind me, spearing nishiki as if he was a fish and sending a look of shock through the face of everybody there; including me.

he immediately withdrew his kagune; as did i withdraw mine. i hurried over to him, stumbling in my footsteps, "oh, god, i'm sorry..! are you okay?"