10

"it's not that hard, dumbass, just pour the water in." kageyama muttered from behind me as i quietly swirled water into the coffee grounds.

i glared at the coffee grounds as if they were his face, which i knew he had a smirk on; i didn't want to take my eyes off the pot, as i was just getting down a good technique.

a quiet chuckle came from the corner, where touka stood washing dishes. i huffed under my breath as i put down the kettle of hot water and turned back to look at kageyama. he looked funny, standing there in the anteiku uniform. it definitely didn't suit him.

"you know, it'd be really easy to throw this boiling water in your face right now." i snapped, my nose wrinkling as i flicked his arm and turned back to see how the coffee was doing. i took out the filter and lifted it up to taste it. i wanted to think it was good to boost my own ego, but it mostly just tasted like water. maybe i put too much in..

"how's it taste, loser?" kageyama asked, gazing at me with his eyebrows raised. 

"amazing."

"liar."

"asshole."

kageyama's eyes gained a dark glint. he stepped forward, one arm raised. he probably meant to hit me, but the jingle of the door chime saved me.

it was suga, standing there and staring at kageyama as if he was scolding him with only his eyes. "don't fight. how's your coffee coming along?" he asked. i glanced at kageyama, who in turn grinned at suga, "well, hinata says his is amazing."

resentment.

suga walked over to the bar, taking the mug and lifting it to his lips. i glanced away as i heard a small choking sound from suga, and then wild laughter from kageyama. 

suga looked.. shocked, i guess. "well.. you know, it's coming along. it almost seems promising."

"seems like he's learning faster than most do. remember how long it took for kaneki to make a decent cup?" touka hummed. suga chuckled quietly and nodded.

"at least i'm trying," i defended myself. "kageyama hasn't done much."

"whatever. i've been thinking about other things." he muttered, glancing away.

"yeah, like what?" 

"well, haven't you seen the news? everyone is wanting to know what happened to us. all three of us just disappeared from school, and you from your house. we're missing people now." kageyama said softly, fussing with the hem of his shirt. "i knew it was a bad idea to get involved with people at school.."

"what other choice did we have?" suga snapped, glaring at kageyama. "it'll be fine. we just will have to make some changes until the buzz about us dies down. everyone will forget about it eventually."

the words my senior barked at kageyama stung, but they weren't wrong. eventually, the people in my life would probably accept that i had disappeared; and it wasn't like suga and kageyama had anyone other than our teammates.

for a second, i thought of daichi.  he was probably so worried about us. he's always been the type to worry over nothing if his teammates were involved, and this time it was three of them. we just went missing.

i felt bad, to be honest. we should have told someone, but that would have defeated the purpose.

"starting off, i think hinata needs to dye his hair black."

my head snapped up, meeting eyes with the manager. he gazed at me, squinting as he always did. 

"i can't dye my hair..!" i exclaimed quickly, "my hair is.. it's my identity!"