Preface

IT STARTED WITH AN IMPULSE now exclusively available as Hardcover, Paperback and ebook on Kindle!

IMPORTANT NOTE: All the images and videos used in the story don't belong to me. The credit to their owners. Catch me on Instagram to learn more about the cast.

Copyright © 2023 by Victoria

All rights reserved.

No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author, except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.

DISCLAIMER

This is a work of fiction. The characters, incidents, and dialogue are drawn from the author's imagination and are not to be constructed as real. While references might be made to actual historical events or existing locations, the names, characters, and incidents are either products of author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, business establishments, events or locales is entirely coincidental. A part of the action has been inspired by Taiwanese and Korean dramas.

Trigger Warning:

The following story contains profanities, disturbing and violent thoughts and scenes.

Reader discretion is advised.

_______________________________

The darkness swallowed me when my eyelids slowly raised. The warm and sticky air started to suffocate me already. My breathing had slowly morphed into ragged. Panic flooded my system. What scared me more was the realization that I couldn't react. I couldn't even lift a finger, let alone move my body. I didn't know why my body felt numb and heavy while my head was dizzy. My vision blurred on the edges making me so badly want to throw up.

A lone tear slipped from the corner of my eye before they were shut close again on their own accord. The slumber overpowered my will.

A little more sleep couldn't be so harmful, right?

That was where I had been wrong. When I next opened my eyes, I was lying on an unfamiliar bed and when I tried to move, I still couldn't. My brain started to focus on the surroundings rather than the emotions that were threatening to burst out of me. My habitual panic after waking up in new places alone, threatened to take over me.

By some miracle I hadn't already gone into a frenzy of palpitations and trepidation. Perhaps it was the drug that they had given me that kept me calmer than usual. Yet, it wasn't enough.

I still couldn't feel even my fingertips, it was so numb and that was the reason that I started to freak out. The drugs might have been wearing off because the new surroundings had started to give me palpitations. The only thing I wanted to do was get back home, I wanted to go home to my family so badly.

I was scared. In fact, I was terrified.

The movement on my right caught my attention, my vision still blurred from the drowsiness but the silhouette looked oddly familiar. My brain kept chanting like a mantra, 'be brave, do not under any circumstances let the other party know how badly he was affecting me' but my facade of bravado couldn't stop tears from escaping.

My tongue rolled around with difficulty, slurring my words, "W-Who... are... you?"

Only to hear the words that chilled my spine. Or rather it was the familiar voice and the creepy tone.

"Oh my darling, I have waited for such a long time to have you. But now, now you are exactly where I want you to be."

______________________________

Hey lovelies!

First things first, I want to thank eccentriphilia for such a beautiful cover shared in the chapter attachment❤

- Victoria ❤❤❤