13. Terah

I stood there admiring the view from the glass wall waiting for Aaryan to return. I was lost in my thoughts about what I had done and what I should have done instead.

I had let my heart take control of the situation, and acted impulsively rather than rationally. Now, I was jobless!

I sighed in frustration. Will Viaan listen to me ever again? After I called him a jerk before the board of members? Will he let me keep the job as Aaryan had suggested?

Stupid! Stupid Rynah! This is all your big mouth's doing!

I groaned loudly, feeling exhausted from the internal argument.

"You should not trouble your pretty little head there, Craziness," I turned to find Aaryan who was followed by a butler carrying a tray of delicacies and juices. Aaryan motioned the tray to be placed on the teapoy which the butler did and left.

Sitting down like an elegant man, Aaryan motioned me to mirror.

"I think I should get going. I have to get back to the office to retrieve my things. I've left everything back there... And possibly try to talk to Viaan," I explained.

"Don't worry Rynah, I've asked Neel to grab your things on his way back," he picked up a raspberry and put it into his mouth.

"Really? Thank you so much!" I exclaimed gratefully and almost hugged him, 'almost' being the keyword. I wouldn't want to give that charming rascal a reason to tease me. He just replied with a two-finger salute, like the captains.

"I'll head over to meet my cousin for a while and then be back to collect my things later?" I asked hopefully.

"Sure, go ahead. Have a great time! You deserve it," he winked after popping another raspberry into his mouth.

You know what? Chuck it! I was giving him a hug, and a tight one!

Without wasting another second, I took a step towards him and hugged him taking him by surprise. When I withdrew, he still had his eyes wide open, "what was that for?"

I just smirked as I replied, "that was the payback for what you did. Get ready to be worshiped by queen bitches."

I winked at him when he laughed at me for giving him back his words. I headed towards the lift when I turned around and added, "you know what, Aaryan? You are the perfect friend a girl could ever ask for."

He grinned wider when he heard my words.

******

"What!?!" To say I was surprised didn't cover it. I was utterly dumbfounded would be the best way to put it.

I stared at Anjali for a whole two minutes.

"Say something," she spoke desperately. Her eyes pleaded me.

"Let's me get this right. You are dating that broker guy?" I put it out bluntly.

"His name is Raj. And no, we aren't dating... yet," she added the last word timidly like I would slap her hard if she told the same in her normal pitch.

"Yet? When did it happen? How did it happen? Does anyone else know about it? You know that your parents will have a heart attack if they learn about this?" I was having a question-diarrhea here, firing her with all the possible questions buzzing in my head.

"Hush! Do you have to be so loud?" Anjali looked cautiously at the door before turning back to me.

After leaving the Raivardhan mansion, I headed to my aunt's house. Aunt Lasika had opened the door. And Anjali was exultant to see me. She didn't wait even for a second before dragging me to her room on the second floor. And that was when I found out the real reason for her ecstasy. She had no idea about my day, and I didn't plan to ruin hers by telling her about it.