Chapter VI

Another month passed and it was getting close to Christmas so Dice decided to give everyone a break and close the casino for the holidays. Most the people in the casino either went home to spend Christmas with their family or would travel to other lands. But Dice decided to spend his time at home. He lived remotely close to the casino. He lived in one of the apartments in inkwell isle 3. He was reading a book by the fireplace and sipping a cup of coffee.

Dice noticed a paper being slipped under his door and got up to see what the letter was about. He picked it up and opened it, fixing his reading glasses so he could see what it was saying.

Merry Christmas Dice!

Cuphead and Mugman invite you to a Christmas party at the clip joint calamity at 10 PM. There will be eggnog, sweets and Cala Maria will be on stage singing! Make sure to bring a present to those you care for the most!

We hope to see you there: Cuphead and Mugman

Dice smiled a bit to himself and placed the paper on his coffee table. He began looking around for gifts for the brothers. He knew exactly what to get the two of them. 

-

The clip joint calamity was packed full with people and honestly Dice was feeling a little overwhelmed. I mean, Dice wasn't exactly the most liked person in Inkwell isle. But he decided to walk in anyways. He got a few stares and a lot of glares but they soon died out once Dice got approached by Cuphead. He was wearing a red and white scarf and had mistletoe stuck on his straw. Dice thought it was kind of cute but said nothing of it.

"Dice! I didn't think you'd come!"

"I wouldn't miss this even if i was held at gun point. Scratch that i will. But I really wanted to come see you. I even brought you and your brother gifts."

"Really? I never thought you'd... Oh well come on! I know how much you like eggnog."

Cuphead took Dice by the hand and walked him over to the table where all the beverages were. He poured some nog into a cup and handed it over to Dice before going over to his brother. Dice smiled and sipped the eggnog. It was pretty good. He took a seat at one of the tables and watched Cala Maria on stage, singing Christmas songs as everyone danced to the tunes. It was a nice sight. He wasn't able to spend time out when he was under the Devil's command but now everything felt so... surreal.

A bell rang and everyone got up. Apparently it was time to get everyone their presents. Dice got up and watched the brothers got gifts from everyone. They were all amazing and honestly he didn't know if his gifts were ever going to compare to those the boys got. In fact the presents he got them looked rather pathetic but he wasn't going to back out. He walked over to Cuphead and handed him a small box. Inside there was a dice with a small silver chain attaching the dice to a ring that you could open and close.

"I know how much you like hanging things from your handle. So i got you a little charm. I know it's the best but you didn't exactly give me much time to chose a right gift..."

"I... LOVE IT! Man I'm going to wear this every day!"

Cuphead placed the charm on his handle. The dice was red and the dots were white, matching his outfit very well. Dice then turned to Mugman and got him a bit of a bigger gift. It was a brand new portable microphone.

"You love singing and you shouldn't waste that talent. I was originally going to use this to replace the old one at the casino but you need it more"

"Dice.... This is so amazing I can't possibly take this I... Thank you!"

They were both happy with their gifts. That was everything Dice needed to enjoy the rest of the party. But he still wanted to do something. But he had to wait for this big crowd to die out.

-

It was pretty late at night but there were still people there, dancing and singing. Mugman had went off home to rest but Cuphead was still there. He was sitting next to Dice, chatting and laughing with him. Dice liked having Cuphead around. He was a good pal to talk to and he had a great personality. Yes he was very cocky and sometimes greedy but no one is flawless. Not even Goopy Le Grande. That fella was a born narcissist.

"Cuphead, I want to talk to you about something."

"What's up?"

"I really like you boys. Mugman has a lot of talent! He can sing and dance and has started learning more and more about the piano. And you, you are always quick with your moves, you know what to say and you were the first one to catch my eye. What I'm trying to say is-"

"I was wondering when you would ask me out."

"Was i that obvious?"

"Yes, and that's a thing that i like about you. You always seem to get what you want even without asking for it. So yes i will go out with you."

"That was easier than i expected."

"What's that suppose to mean?!"

Dice laughed and spent the last twenty minutes calming down Cuphead. After that, they had a few drinks and they both said their goodbyes before they parted ways and went home for the night.

_________

A/N: Yes! I did it! I finished this under an hour! Anyways from here on out things will start to get interesting. Maybe the devil will show up at some point but you won't know that unless you continue reading this book.

I'm starting to get more and more reads and honestly i never expected people to actually want more of my stupid babbling.

I forgot to mention English is not my first language so if you see something that looks weird don't worry, it just me being me. 

I'll try and get more chapters in the next days so hold on to your butts.