Death

(edited 16/09/2018)

Fairies are a hideous species, by far one of the Earths greatest downfalls.

With teeth like fibre thin needles and lethal injections more painful than fire, had Nick not made me immortal his beloved creatures may have survived.

Hissing against the venom clinging on to my impenetrable skin, I thrive in the most pain I'd felt in years. Nick may not have been generous in the living qualities he gifted me but there is one thing I will forever be silently thankful for.

Pain.

Oh, what a wonderful thing it is.

One of my greatest motivations.

Although, even with that in mind, the vaguely human creatures were better off dead. The hairless green bats sported every one of Nick's sick fascinations.

Their mouth takes up the entirety of their face lined with rows upon rows of invisible little needles. On either side of its head are tiny little beady black eyes. Creepy little things. Naked too. They seem to have vaguely similar genitalia as humans except these seem to be 'ribbed for her pleasure' and way too big in contrast to their bodies.

I tear one off of my hip. Bringing it up towards my face as I crush it in my fist. It oozes a stinging purple liquid that crawls up my arm even after I've thrown the remains across the cave. Effortlessly, I use the burning arm to swat the fairies from my face and the other to slice through the onslaught buzzing around me.

Nick had always told me of my impenetrable skin. You can tell why he needs us creations because he couldn't even make that fool proof. The slightest magic and they can go right through me. Doesn't kill me unfortunately but sure as hell makes the job harder.

I rip another of the beasts latched onto my eye. In my haste I rip the entire thing out and crush it along with the fairy. The flying rodents blood melts my manmade shoes and sinking down I concentrate to keep my aim steady with my lack of depth perception and balance.

Another eye quickly begins to grow, the colour as yet unknown to me.

The cave finally begins to pile with bodies, the room starting to empty of the pests.

I feel the pleasure of death roll over me in waves, continuing to kill the creatures as to prolong the feeling.

Death.

My main motivation.

Every kill leads me towards it.

The pleasure I feel is what Nick has compared to a heightened orgasm, something I'm rewarded with whenever a creature dies.

It all hits at once and then its over.

The last fairy drops onto the pile.

With my breathing heavy from the pleasure and my entire body burning with venom I look around with my one eye and frown.

Nick quickly distracts me from my annoyance with my extinction reward. It drapes heavily over my shoulders and flutters around my mid thigh.

"Your rewards are crap Nick. First a truck and now a coat?" I huff in annoyance as I shake the cloth from my shoulders and study it.

Nick doesn't answer, my own echo is my only response.

Hood. Unnecessarily large sleeves. Plenty of pockets. I notice the material is a strange texture, a little like my black t shirt that rejects blood. Curiously I pick up a dead fairy and smack its teeth into the material, they snap instantly and fall to the floor as if they'd never had the strength of steal.

"Anti-magic. It's about time," I murmur, tossing the little body from hand to hand as I wonder in an aimless direction. "Better than that fucking truck I guess. I know they were only Dodo's but that was just ridiculous."

I throw the mangled fairy back on the pile and pull on my new coat leaving it open to reveal my outfit. Black t-shirt, fishnets, pleated skirt and heavy combat boots.

Nick further adjusts the coat and scrunches the huge sleeves around my elbows before his presence completely disappears.

I circle around the cave a little more and only find a single exit. The cave was actually just a hole dug down into the mountain and I'd just so happened to fall in it.

With only one way out I set in that direction. The warmth could be one of two things. Daylight or lava. Let's find out.