Death

*

Giving him one last lingering look I gave the bars another quick shake.

Ansel was extremely powerful if these stayed up when he was unconscious.

Focusing my attentions to Ansel I make good on my promise.

I rip his heart out through his throat.

I'd prefer it if he were awake while I did this but while I may me invincible, he was powerful and that was annoying.

Best get him over with.

It's messy business shoving my fist down his throat.

Instead I have Anderson pass me an axe through the magic pain bars so I can chop his head off before making a bigger opening with a machete.

Anderson watches from behind. Wide eyed most likely.

I shove my fist into the uncomfortably warm and moist crevice I'd made and punch up into the rib cage a few times to determine where exactly I am.

It takes some fumbling but eventually I get his heart in my grip.

One more furious scream.

And I yank the heart up out of him, dropping the bloody mangled mess to the floor and crushing in beneath my boot.

And then I pause.

1

2

3

In frustration I hack at the body with my axe again after I rip it from Anderson's reluctant grip.

Blood sprays everywhere. I pay no attention.

Not now.

How fucking dare he?

I straighten up, drop the axe, wipe the blood out of my eyes and turn to face Anderson.

He looks pale beneath the blood spatters.

He's about to get even fucking paler.

How dare he?

I remain completely still for what feels like hours. Tension rolls off of me in waves as I glare at Anderson, my breathing still unsteady.

"I should say sorry..." Anderson trails off, fidgeting on the spot but not daring to step away.

I stalk towards him, purposefully but slowly.

He looks ready to shit himself.

"So yeah... I'm sorry... for before."

I only pause when we're so close that I feel his warm breath fan my face, his chest heaving in fear.

Gritting my teeth I shove him into the closest wall, wrap my hand firmly around his neck and brush my lips against his. Gently at first, before I lose myself to the feeling.

It takes him a split second to catch up before he's kissing me with the same vigour.

And finally.

Finally.

The pleasure of the wizards kill floods me, crashes through my system in waves.

And all I feel is Anderson.